Bass response w/E2C's...
May 7, 2006 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

UnaBonger

New Head-Fier
I just went out and bought my first set of IEM's, Shure E2C's and while I know the comfort factor will take a little getting used to I'm slightly disapointed with the bass response. I bought them specifically for a long flight I have coming up and wanted something for noise canceling/isolation and am using them with a Creative Vision:M.

Are these things known for not having decent bass or am I just doing something obviously wrong? Using the foam pads btw...

May 7, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 14
Well if it's your first IEM then you'll be let down seeing how bassy some full sized cans can be. Kramer mod perhaps? But that's usually known to help highs, not lows.

May 7, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 14
Kramer mod? I'll have to look it up...

I'm even disapointed with the highs... The whole experience seems kind of dull & muted. I guess I thought I was getting into something else all together...

May 7, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 14
The E2 mostly have bass, the mids are a bit murky and the highs rolled off.

Look up for the kramer mod on the E2, it should help out the mids and highs =)

EDIT: Oh yes, since the E2 is also using dynamic drivers, give it some time to burn-in/season, it should help out as well
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 14
Give it some time and make sure your seal is good. I had the same intial imperssions when i purchased the e2c's. Get them in as far as possible and let the headphones burn in. In 2-3 weeks you should start hearing a noticable difference.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnaBonger
Kramer mod? I'll have to look it up...

I'm even disapointed with the highs... The whole experience seems kind of dull & muted. I guess I thought I was getting into something else all together...

Yes do the Kramer mod does wonders for the E2c's

May 7, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #10 of 14
I think UnaBonger is right. I don't get how this mod will help with bass except to clear it up a bit; it's not going to increase the amount.

May 7, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
...I thought the Kramer mod, you pop out that filter of plastic
confused.gif

Yes you pop out the piece of plastic that hold the ear wax filter, this make the hole at the end of the tube bigger, less restriction better sound, Kramer did cut the tube at first but someone found out you could just remove the piece instead, that way the tips fit the same.

here is the link for the mod
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=kramer

May 7, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 14
E2Cs are supposed to be bassy and they are! If you are looking for tight and fast bass, no they definitely are not. Like Zephyron said, the mids are muddy and no highs to speak of. I definitely did not like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back