Bass Response and "vibrate" on the headphone - SPL, Output Power Question
Jun 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nahtol6

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new in this forum, and I recently purchased a Superlux HD681 Evo, sound source is an Asus Xonar U3 USB headphone amplifier for desktops.

I'm planning to buy my girlfriend a nice headset/headphone for her laptop, she also has an Asus Xonar U3, and i'm searching for headset specs that can make the headphones vibrate when there's bass. The reason why I'm looking for that is because she's a basshead, but I still want to show her the colorful side of having good Mids and Highs while having thumping bass. I don't want to resort to SkullCandies.

I was able to achieve exactly that with my Superlux, I also want to feel my headphones vibrate without compromising mids and treble quality. I listen to a lot of Two Steps from Hell and Hans Zimmerman OSTs. I noticed that my Superlux has an output power capacity of 300mW, and it kinda made me think it has something to do with it. On my Asus Xonar U3, there's a setting that allows you to increase the boost for 64-Ohm headphone, even though the Superlux was mainly designed for 32-Ohms.

I don't really understand SPL as well, I'm hoping for anybody's cent about the matter to shed some light on which I need to buy next time i'm shopping.

Thanks guys and more power to your forum. You guys were actually my gurus for my headphone purchase that's why I went with a 681Evo and a Senn HD439

Users who are viewing this thread

Back