Bass Quantity: E2C vs SE310
Jul 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
Just a simple question, which between these two have more bass quantity... I own the E2C's... but have not heard the 310's...

If you want the story, keep reading, but I figuered you didn't need all the backround...

I have owned the E2C's forever... like 5 years... I like them alot, I Kramer modded them and am very satisfied with the treble. The Bass is OK... but not great, I have tried JBL 220, Denon C551's and now also have the IE6's, for some reason, I keep finding myself going back the the E2C's... I know... I am weird... I love the fit even though they are bigger than the rest, the customer service is great, (I had to get them replaced once), I love the isolation and the lack of sound leakage... all the ones I tried since leak a bit and cannot match the isolation.

I know the E2C's are dynamic so typically they seem to have an easier time producing bass quantity, but the SE310's are much newer, so if anyone has heard both, which one has more quantity?

Thanks for the time!

Am I crazy to think the E2C's are pretty good?

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 10
Mark, how different is the bass between the se210 and the e2c? If I read everything right the 310 should have better bass than the 210, but definetly not less, so I could kinda gauge by that?

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 10
I know I am in the minority around here....but having tried a few of the favorites on these forums...I keep coming to the conclusion that for the price, the E2Cs are a pretty good buy. Or were.

I have posted this before (ducks before the rotten tomatos start coming) but I like the E2Cs with the custom molds that I had made for them.

I have the NuForce 7s that everybody here loves....and I think that they are fine but the bass does not really knock me out. I also have the Yuin PK3s, which have an open sound (and yes I like buds a bit better in general), but maybe too much treble (they are not burned in).

I still like some of my older pieces, like my Sennheisers (MX400 I think was the model) and the PX-100; and my very old sony behind the neck models.

I did actually return a headphone pair that was highly rated here (some company from utah....already forgot their name!).

So I think Shures in general are fine, even the cheapos. I buy cheapos because then I can abuse them and not feel bad (throw them in my pocket, the gym bag, the briefcase, get them sweaty).

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 10
The se210's are pretty anemic

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The se210's are pretty anemic

I've owned the SE110, SE210 and SE310 (still own) and the bass on the SE210 is pretty non-existent.

The SE310 is a really good IEM for under $300 and I highly recommend it. If you are looking at spending a little more (say $150), I would go with the Westone 3s. I also own a set and they are the best IEM I have ever heard.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for all the input! But I still am unsure about the original question... Does the se310 have at least as much bass presence as the dynamic e2c's?

If so I would probably pick up a pair, or just wait until I can afford some Custom Sleeks, or JH-5's...

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back