Bass players! i need ur help!
Apr 30, 2009 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

my.self

500+ Head-Fier
Apr 30, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 5
Gearfags are awful. Go to a store, and play their basses. Get one you like the sound/feel of. Buying a bass based on your ears is better than buying a name-brand.
I'd put a generic bump for fender jazz, but you know. Trust your ears.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #3 of 5
hmm i suppose so. i wanted to try ordering something this time simply because the selection in stores is so limited. but an upside to it is that i get to see and hear how it sounds and how i like playing it. if i order something i never seen in person or played. i will never know if i like it or not until i get it. im also afraid of the fact that if i go into a store and if i have any questions, im afraid that they wont know anything and just say a bunch of stuff to try and sell stuff to me.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Guitar is a great instrument to shop for. Just take a couple of mates and start a jam session in the back, they wont mind... after all, it's a form of publicity for those entering the store. Most good music stores have a good selection of current-production bass guitars, it's not like shopping for a saxophone where you wont get much in store outside of a YAS-32. When you find a brand you like, you can always leave the store and shop around online. Just dont talk to people unless they have a practise room with amplifiers, in which case, talk to them to go there
wink.gif

If you live near a conservatorium you can go in and talk to some guys there; theyre musicians too and came from exactly the same spot you are in now. Theyre very friendly
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back