Bass on my PX100s suddenly distorts?
May 16, 2005 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rayzian

100+ Head-Fier
I just got these less than a month ago, and recently today as I was listening to my mp3 player, everything was fine and dandy as it should be. I unplugged it (when I got to my PC) and pluged it into my stereo for my PC when I noticed suddenly all the bass was crackly and distorted. I plugged it back into my mp3 player and to make sure it just wasn't my stereo messing up, but it's not as it occured with my mp3 player aswell. What the hell happened? I unplugged from one source to another and suddenly they blew somehow? ARG, I have school tommorrow and no other phones to use besides all these fullsized cans I have sitting around..

May 16, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 9
Maybe when you plugged it in to the pc speaker had one of those extremely loud moments of distortion which caused enough stress on the driver to blow it. I think you should call ask Sennheiser to get you a replacement if your still under warranty or use this as an opportunity to upgrade to canalphones.

May 16, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 9
Yeah you're right. The volume was up pretty high on my stereo but it's what I usually listen to.. I guess it couldn't take it all at once instantly.. It hasn't been 30 days since I bought it so hopefully I'll get it replaced on the spot @ Radioshack tommorrow. Time to whip out the XD200s at schoo'

May 16, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 9
My best guess is that it blew the driver as well, although I don't understand what could have caused it. It could be a hair inside the foam vibrating against the driver, but somehow I doubt that that is it.
confused.gif

May 16, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
My best guess is that it blew the driver as well, although I don't understand what could have caused it. It could be a hair inside the foam vibrating against the driver, but somehow I doubt that that is it.
confused.gif

He has REALLY short hair/ or have any (forgot your pic from XD200 thread).
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

May 16, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 9
Warning...wize-ass remark comming...Maybe you just sudenly realised how bass heavy those PX100s really are.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Warning...wize-ass remark comming...Maybe you just sudenly realised how bass heavy those PX100s really are.
biggrin.gif

I realized how sweet the PX100s were the day I bought them.
tongue.gif
I miss them already.

May 16, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 9
After accident (the moment you feel didstortion), do you feel that such distortion will disappear with low volume?

Besides the vocal core, there is a possibility that the mechnical parts were loose with cause vibration (resonation) under certain output level. This can be judged by:
lower the volume, if the distortion suddenly disappear
with extra force to touch the device, to see if such distortion will disappear.

The vibration can be easily to be recovered by yourself, if you have a little bit DIY skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back