bass is good
Jan 17, 2005 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BowerR64

1000+ Head-Fier
Ive tried 5 different portables and so far none of them have any kind of bass. Im glad i found the good cans that atleast have decent bass like the portapros, KSC35/75, eggos, E2s and MD33. With these headphones atleast the sound is fairly thick and full. Portables never seem to have a thick powerful sound so using headphones with good bass it kinda makes up for the low end loss. Im sure these sound bloated or what ever with tube amps but for portables these are good.

Jan 17, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Yes, bass is good. My IHP (rock eq. preset) -> sr-71 -> ksc-35 has pretty okay bass.

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #4 of 4
I agree. I was out of town for the weekend with some cousins. Brought my creative muvo TX and EX51. used the graphic EQ to boost the mids and recess the treble for some tunes on the go. IMHO it was tolerable (so I thought). In reality My ears had seriously become de-sensitized to the extreme coloration and muddiness of the EX51.

Came home this evening and clipped on my KSC75.... Night and day difference in every aspect.

IMHO Koss has some incredible value cans that really outperform many others at a fraction of the price. They sound incredible through my Muvo and even better amped. IMHO the MuvoTX + KSC75 is a very bassy tandem. Im dying to try the porta....

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back