Bass Iems
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I have few good headphones and recently I bought S12 and I fell in love for IEMs too. Now I would like to add to my colletion also very bassy Iems so What I could buy for 60 - 80 euros ?

Thank you

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 7
I have few good headphones and recently I bought S12 and I fell in love for IEMs too. Now I would like to add to my colletion also very bassy Iems so What I could buy for 60 - 80 euros ?

Thank you

If you want a basshead IEM, read about the 7Hz Legato.

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #4 of 7
If you want a BASSHEAD IEM, also look at the HBB Hades :wink:

HBB Hades has so much bloated bass though, it's really made especially for lofi and oldschool hiphop music trying to emulate the feeling of old boomboxes and subwoofers in cars.

I think the QKZ x HBB is much more pleasantly tuned with still large amounts of bass and half the price almost I think?

@JediMa70 if you like the planar sound of S12 there is also the MP145, it's above the budget unfortunately (above $100 usually) but with a really nice warm bassy sound. You can listen to a comparison recording of the sound signature through your headphones:

MP145 vs S12 and other planars

QKZ x HBB

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 7
Buy a €25 7hz Zero 2 and apply peq to your hearts content in the sub bass, the zero 2 has so little distortion that you can boost as much as you like, it can help if you also slightly raise the treble when boosting the bass - go for a strong u shaped curve

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 7
Buy a €25 7hz Zero 2 and apply peq to your hearts content in the sub bass, the zero 2 has so little distortion that you can boost as much as you like, it can help if you also slightly raise the treble when boosting the bass - go for a strong u shaped curve
Honestly, this is the best advice. EQ is a basshead's best friend. The Truthear Zero Red also works for this due to low distortion. As a Qudelix 5k shill, I recommend the Qudelix 5k to complement either of these. Full parametric EQ, individual L/R adjustments, 10 bands...set a low shelf at 100 or 150Hz and boost to your degenerate tastes lol.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 7
Honestly, this is the best advice. EQ is a basshead's best friend. The Truthear Zero Red also works for this due to low distortion. As a Qudelix 5k shill, I recommend the Qudelix 5k to complement either of these. Full parametric EQ, individual L/R adjustments, 10 bands...set a low shelf at 100 or 150Hz and boost to your degenerate tastes lol.
If your Qudelix-5K only shows 10 bands (EQ), backup your pre-sets before taking the next firmware update; as it will wipe out those EQ settings. But the update is very much worth it.

Gym gear: 7hz Legato + Qudelix-5K
gym gear.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back