Bass heavy Recommendations IEMs
Sep 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
My little bro is looking for a IEM. And I'm going to get him one for christmas. A while ago when the Sennheiser Momentum IEM was on the front page I was intrigued and showed him that along with the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 that were also on the front page. He chose the Pistons because of the chocolate smell and the price because he didnt want to owe me much even though it was christmas then he said he would like a bass heavy one because hes not a audio savvy type of guy. When I found out they were really cheap and fakes everywhere I tried to find the website to buy them naturally I did and waited for christmas. But now I'm getting money back that can get better bass heavy IEMs.

Budget is $100+. What are some recommendations for some bass heavy IEMs?

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 8
Depending on how much you want to spend, the sony xb iem line is really nice (NOTE, NOT THE XBA    [xba =/= bass] ). 
Both the xb60ex and the xb90ex sound very nice and will satisfy any basshead. 
You can typically find the xb60ex for about $60-70 ish and the xb90ex for about $90ish

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 8
Depends on what you mean by bass heavy. Klipsch s4's can be had for around half that budget, more for the s4i with remote. They may not be bassy enough for you, though - they're on the border of too much for me.

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Let me just say, I am not a basshead personally, but you might want to look into the Corecool v2.  Bigbargainonline has them for $99 on ebay (includes shipping), but vendor also will consider a "best offer" price.  I bought them about 6 months ago, nice earphones overall but too much bass for me.  I made a best offer of $85, which was accepted.  They sound really good to me (as long as I was able to reduce the bass), but I have only used them on my amped sflo2 with the bass reduced on the equalizer settings...

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 8
  Let me just say, I am not a basshead personally, but you might want to look into the Corecool v2.  Bigbargainonline has them for $99 on ebay (includes shipping), but vendor also will consider a "best offer" price.  I bought them about 6 months ago, nice earphones overall but too much bass for me.  I made a best offer of $85, which was accepted.  They sound really good to me (as long as I was able to reduce the bass), but I have only used them on my amped sflo2 with the bass reduced on the equalizer settings...

$85 from mp4nation on amazon.. how do you like them by the way? worth the price tag? exceeds all expectations? we'd like to know!

Check out TTPod T1E.. I hear they're the real deal for bassheads. Maybe ATH-IM50/70 as well

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6 of 8
I just got some Meelectronics M-Duo that have dual drivers.  They have great clear deep bass and there only $50ish on Amazon. After you break them in, they sound pretty sweet.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 8
  I just got some Meelectronics M-Duo that have dual drivers.  They have great clear deep bass and there only $50ish on Amazon. After you break them in, they sound pretty sweet.

Find MEElectronics on eBay. Make an offer for $45 they'll probably take it - free shipping. I offered 35, 40 then 42 they denied

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 8

$85 from mp4nation on amazon.. how do you like them by the way? worth the price tag? exceeds all expectations? we'd like to know!

Check out TTPod T1E.. I hear they're the real deal for bassheads. Maybe ATH-IM50/70 as well

Regarding the Corecool V2:  As you may be aware, the Corecool is a dual dynamic IEM.  They are very solidly built and powerful IEMs.  The set comes with 2 separate detachable cables, one with a mic, the other without.  These are clearly for bass heads who not only like to hear the bass, but also to feel it!  For me personally, they have too much bass but since I have been able to reduce the bass output in one of my sources, they are working out very well.  I do not listen to them every day, because I have other source/IEM combinations available (Xuelin iHiFi 960 with either Westone 4s or KC06; or Xuelin iHiFi 770 with DIY ie800).  If one can reduce the bass (or if you really like bass to begin with), then you'll find the mids to be a bit forward and the highs are nice.  The soundstage is nice and placement and clarity are good.  It's hard for me to say if they are worth $85 or not, because I have other less expensive IEMs (KC06 and Dasetn DIY ie800) that I prefer with other sources.  But I do feel they are much more solid and much more powerful than the TTPOD T1E, and bassheads may find them to be a real bargain.  Maybe with a bit more burn-in time, the bass will settle out a bit more, but like I say, the sound quality is very nice, in my opinion, as long as I can reduce the bass quantity.  I've done this with my amped sflo2 by 1) reducing the bass with the sflo2's equalizer and 2) changing out the opamps in my Neco soundlab V2 (taking out the AD8610 and putting in LT1128CN8 opamps), which reduces bass and adds more treble.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back