Bass heavy headphones?
Dec 5, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 8
The Denon D1100s are the bassiest headphones I've ever heard.  The D5000s are warm, but not incredibly bassy, IMO.  You'll hear other suggestions of the Sony XB500 and -700s, as well as the Ultrasone HFI 580s, but I haven't heard these, so I can't comment on them.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 8
One of the best in your price range is Pro900, D5000 must be excellent too (i haven't tried 5000/7000), but they must leak a lot.

Quote:
nd -700s, as well as the Ultrasone HFI 580s

They are good in their price range, but Pro900 is far ahead concerning bass quality and SQ in general.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 8
750DJs are already extremely bass heavy, if you really want end-all-be-all bass, get the Sony XB-500 and a Zo personal subwoofer.  It's probably not even possible for something bassier to exist.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 8
Heya,

Denon D5000 with a Digizoid ZO2. All the bass you could want. But with all the awesome sound quality for the non-bassiest of stuff too. It's pure harmony. Get.

Note: There is bassy, and then there's what real bass is all about: sub bass. A lot of "bassy" headphones imply have huge mid-bass humps. The real slam that 99% of bassheads like, comes from sub bass. So 50hz, 40hz, and 30hz. You want a headphone that can slam those frequencies with authority. That's bass. A headphone that has loud 100,90,80hz will sound loud, but it's not the kind of bass that makes your head shake. You want sub bass. And that's the D5000. But beyond that, it's just so comfortable, warm, woodback, clear, detailed, good mids, and great sparkly treble. It can do the bassiest of bassy music with absolute authority while turning around and doing acoustic like a whisper. It's a superb closed headphone and easy to drive. Add the Digizoid ZO2 and you take bass to new levels, dumb amounts of slam. It's a luxurious basshead dream that is actually quite affordable.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back