Bass heavy headphones need a portable EQ. Any recommendations?
Feb 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kaira

New Head-Fier
I really only need something to boost the treble, so nothing fancy. The best devices I could find were the more expensive FiiO amps. Are there any other options?

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 3
You want something that will boost the treble? I'm not aware of anything that does that, that's like a portable EQ. The first thing that came to my mind was an E5, but that has a bass boost which is the opposite of what you want.

What portable player do you have? It doesn't have any EQ settings? Or are you using your computer? If so, I'm sure there's a plugin EQ or something you could find for the program.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 3
My computer does have an EQ, and it can switch automatically based on if the headphones are plugged into the front panel, but I also use these headphones on devices that do not have an EQ option, so it would be nice to have something that's automatic. It's silly that bass boost is the only feature on a lot of the amps that I've seen. It's like I have one of the few headphones with the opposite problem. I noticed that there was something that is what I was looking for, the Koss EQ50, but it's discontinued and unnecessarily large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back