Bass Heavy, but Accurate Headphones for $150?
Feb 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Avelign

New Head-Fier
Hello, fairly new here on Head-Fi. But I am looking for a new pair of headphones that will exceed my needs. I mostly listen to bassier genres and EDM. From Techno, Trance, Dubstep, House, etc... And I'd like a pair of headphones that will dominate any bassheads needs, and can keep up with fast paced music without a problem. I am on a budget for around $150.. And may go over if completely necessary.
Preferably a Over-Ear and detatchable cable. Any suggestions? I have looked into Beats Studios, and I know they are greatly disliked in this community, but I do love the impact and amount of bass they produce. I just do not like how the lows take over the whole frequency chart.
I have also looked into Beyerdynamics fancy new Custom One Pros, but not sure just how good they are in quality and bass. Also the exposed wire frightens me.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi,

You should consider Shure SRH-840 and SoundMagic HP-100. Both provide very good sound quality. HP-100s are smoother with better sub bass response, while 840s have more punchy mid bass and provide more isolation.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back