BASS headphones?
Dec 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Artemie

New Head-Fier
 I am fairly new to the world of headphones, with my only headphones being a 5$ pair of earbuds, and as such, I want to delve into the realm of the audiophiliac. I want to get my first pair of medium-low end headphones. I'm looking for a closed, over ear pair, with fairly good build quality, comfortable enough to wear for about 10 hours a day, and sound quality suited to dubstep (deep, punchy bass). My budget is 125$. I don't want to buy an amplifier. I've been considering getting the Sony MDR XB500s used or the JVC ha-MR77X.

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 11
   I am fairly new to the world of headphones, with my only headphones being a 5$ pair of earbuds, and as such, I want to delve into the realm of the audiophiliac. I want to get my first pair of medium-low end headphones. I'm looking for a closed, over ear pair, with fairly good build quality, comfortable enough to wear for about 10 hours a day, and sound quality suited to dubstep (deep, punchy bass). My budget is 125$. I don't want to buy an amplifier. I've been considering getting the Sony MDR XB500s used or the JVC ha-MR77X.

Try V-moda line. Crossfade LP2 since you are asking for over ear. You'd have to strech your budget slightly though. They offer plenty of bass with great build quality. I'm using the LPs myself; easy to drive and fairly decent SQ for a first headphone. LP2s are supposed to be better.

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 11
  Try V-moda line. Crossfade LP2 since you are asking for over ear. You'd have to strech your budget slightly though. They offer plenty of bass with great build quality. I'm using the LPs myself; easy to drive and fairly decent SQ for a first headphone. LP2s are supposed to be better.

LP is very uncomfortable but I dont know about the LP2. If bass is the only thing you are looking for and you want a fun sound rather than neutral these might be a good choice... IF LP2 has better comfort than the LP's.

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 11
I used to o
LP is very uncomfortable but I dont know about the LP2. If bass is the only thing you are looking for and you want a fun sound rather than neutral these might be a good choice... IF LP2 has better comfort than the LP's.
I used to own the LPs and the had good bass but was a bit muddy. I have never listened to the LP2s but I think the bass is a little less so that the sound is more balanced.

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 11

M audio q40 with dt770 velour pads

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 11
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch-v-moda
Those vmodas seem pretty good for a basshead can.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaCrossfadeLP2.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaCrossfadeLP.pdf

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #10 of 11
LP2 are overkill in the bass. Real basshead headphones can be very fatiguing. I'd start with something like a Creative Aurvana Live! 2 and if that's not enough bass then you'd wanna get the xb500's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back