Bass Headphones?
Jan 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ProFamous

New Head-Fier
 Hey guys I have been researching for weeks and it looks like some good audiophile-quality bass headphones are the Ultrasones. Now the ones that are in my price range are the:
Ultrasone HFI-780
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone DJ1
Ultrasone DJ1 PRO

What are the difference between these in terms of bass?  I am also looking at the Beats By Dre because my friend has some and they sound pretty awesome with hip hop/rap music. So how do the Ultrasones compare to the Beats? Thumping bass? deeper bass?

Thank You

EDIT: Also, I am using these with an iPod Touch 4g, if that matters. I know beats sound fine with headphones but im not sure bout ultrasones.
I will get a portable amp, but only if completely necessary.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Rick, that post you showed me was very helpful. Right after I posted this I saw the Sony MDR-XB700s and they look like they are another headphone that has a lot of bass. The reason I am using the beats to compare all my choices to is because I have nothing else to compare to.  Only headphones I have ever heard is the apple stock and the beats, so I guess the beats would be the best of the two.

Anyways, I dont think Im going to get the hfi or DJ1s anyways...maybe the Ultrasone pro 750s, Sony's or the v moda crossfade LPs? maybe some other reccomendations for bass headphones? which one has the most bass?(quantity)

How do all of these compare to the beats?

Thank You

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 5
The problem is that there are many sorts of bass and quantity doesn't means quality.

Quote:
Ultrasone HFI-780
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone DJ1
Ultrasone DJ1 PRO

I don't have all but in your list the pro750 must have the best quality and punchy bass followed by the HFi-780. DJ1/580 has less quality bass but very punchy bass, DJ1 pro, i don't know, but from some reviews, would be less punchy than hfi580/DJ1, but with better details and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back