BASS Head Headphones help
Nov 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #46 of 56
guss i will have to see when i test them out if i really dont like them then i wont buy it and i know what type of headphone i finally like

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #47 of 56

Quote:

exactly

this is the point i am going to focus on.
because rpgwizard said he/she already sold his pair of XB500 headphones before i posted anything about the equalizer settings.
he/she also said the x-fi soundcard was sold, making me think he/she is using some generic equalizer and an amplifier with a totally different phase/frequency response.

here is the sad truth..
rpgwizard isnt talking like an audiophile, instead he/she is talking like a kleptomaniac.
life isnt a game of chess. because standards exist is why.

i dont see you with any tools, any reports from those tools, and any standard equipment.
it looks like you've got money and no real wisedom to spend it.

raising the frequencies up to the same level doesnt mean a whole lot of the final results.. and i had already stated this exact thing prior to this post.
the bass can be raised up level with the midrange, but that doesnt mean it is going to sound thin and weak.
it would be your headphone speakers that make the bass sound thin and weak, not the equalizer settings.
the XB500 headphones still sound like big woofers, the bass is thick as well as rich when the frequency response is made STUDIO flat.

you can admit that you dont enjoy the studio settings, and it is your right.
but that doesnt mean you can throw my validity out the window and disrespect the tools of the industry.
there is a bass and treble knob on the entertainment mode console for you to freely adjust either one.

why did i choose 'exactly' to be the point i wanted to focus on?

because inside the word 'exactly' contains these two words:
1. ex
2. act

i've specified how you match each one.
you dont own the headphones or the soundcard anymore - that makes you 'ex'
you are throwing out studio standards for your own personal taste when you are\where respected highly on the forum - that makes you an 'act'

sorry is a word to use for summarization.

you could of easily been respectful and appreciative, but you chose to try and invalidate my efforts and audio industry professional tools.

i dont enjoy you making things harder on myself or the audio industry when you could of simply chosen to share the air space we use to communicate.

the bass doesnt show the same character until the equalizer settings are put in place.
as a matter of fact,
these drivers are sensitive to any equalizer adjustments, and you should be thinking like an audiophile if you can hear the changes from a single graphic equalizer slider.

they are not the same beast at stock settings.
and you are here advocating towards invalid equalizer settings that could be potentially dangerous to people's hearing.
far too often people will listen to treble that is too low or too high.
on rare instances, the same can happen with midrange.

you are supporting these people gradually losing sensitivity because their selfish greed is 'randomly' choosing to listen to a frequency range louder than standard.
if such actions continue on their behalf, and their hearing does lose sensitivity.. then those boosts are only going to need more boosting as they downspiral into a real case of becoming moderately deaf.

no good can come from your choice to walk away from these standards.. if there was any good to come from it, i would be the type of person to go on and on about those better choices than these choices.
dare you ever find out what i say about politics and how i dont enjoy their existance one single bit.

my apologies for slowing down the thread, but the parenting decision from a 'forum regular' is not worthy or respectable.
and instead of dragging this out in a PM.. you can see for yourself the comparative difference and why there is a reason to say anything at all.
because if i can see a reason to say anything at all.. you should learn those reasons too.

rpgwizard is padding a persons pocket
i am padding industry and business standards

perhaps you should take your arguements to hometheatershack.com and explain to them how everybody there with a calibration microphone is wrong.
see how long you last when you start talking trash about how people's ears are different shape as if the sound should change specifically for your ear when your ear doesnt change shape day after day (or year after year).

i'd tell you where to file your complaints about the accuracy of my microphone calibration, but i dont feel they need their time wasted.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #49 of 56
its ok man i wil try your eq i am very open to suggetions just dont get mad i respect you tryed to make these balanced witch was quite crazy but who knows i might like it, it might be really good, dont go hating on people ty

plz dont feel disrepcted but i love my bass big and boomy and lowering everything makes it less boomy and i anyways i might not even like the xb500 i think your method very celar and easy to do and i am more then happy to try it out when i get them 

BTW i am not throwing your method out i think its quite smart...

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #50 of 56
Well i have just tried the xb 500 so here i go ( i haven't bought them just tried them for a good 1 hour)

the first thing when i put them on was very very comfortable no doubt about that and was expecting it....

lets talk about the sound first not the bass yet

SQ-i found it to be not the best it wasn't bad but it still had some squeak in the back round...

soundstage- well i tried the xb 1000(hated them) but the sound stage is HUGE like litterly made me go :O "never heard that before" i am not saying its muddy but it was slightly below average compared to xb 1000

the highs - perfect ( i dint find them bad whatsoever except when the volume is turned up)

the mids - asome ( a bit resecced but still i like it no complaint what so ever)

now the bass

bass- was hitting all the right notes but i still wanted MORE sub bass, yes more

(luckily i had a EQU app on me to boost the sub bass and i think i found the headphones i want)

but its only when i tun the volume up it feels like the sub bass has been activated and i dont need the app but then the highs are too loud and piercing into my ears witch i didn't like

it had the ear vibrating ness when the volume got turned up witch made it very tempting to buy and i am still on the verge off buying them :p

Bass impact- way too much when ever the kick drum hit i blinked because it was too much ( still need more sub bass) When eqed down was much much better

BTW: xb1000 was ok not what i am looking for

NEED more deeper bass other than that i would buy these headphone ASAP ( just a little boost)

i still think the xb 700 might just win me over the xb 500 just for the sub bass....

ask as many questions as possible plz this my first impressions of bassy headphones

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #51 of 56
I dont want to start a complete new thread seeing as this one is kinda relevant. But does anyone know any alternatives to the Digizoid amp because i cant find anywhere to buy one.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #52 of 56

Quote:
I dont want to start a complete new thread seeing as this one is kinda relevant. But does anyone know any alternatives to the Digizoid amp because i cant find anywhere to buy one.

The Basshead Club has all answers :)

ZO is usally orderd online and is quite powerful... but there are alternatives Filo being the most common

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #54 of 56
the xb 1000

sound stage= massive, u can tell were the instrments are

comfert= omg the cushins are like pilows

the sound

some what non bassy mid bass is very very laking

a bit dull

they look absoulty rediculaous on u

OMG sub bass was there and WOW just WOW

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #55 of 56
The xb 700

(out of stock :frowning2: in hk)

seem to be very populer

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #56 of 56
Denon D2000

well this headphone are what i call beautifully to look at they are really something to look at i loved the way they looked :p... the comfort was also special too it was just right and was soo well padded it was not too heavy though, the pads were very nice and i felt very pleased when i was wearing them i knew i was holding a good pair of headphones, the price 250 US :frowning2: still not bad for the sound

the sound

lets start off the with the highs, very nice, not bright, not rolled off, not anything no complaint whats so ever

mids- slightly reaccessed you can tell but its it hard to tell, they are nice and present they really are very detailed i mean wow i was blown away

lows- ok here is where things start to become interesting, they are not bass heavy too me, but they are epically good i could fell the bass in a way it was punchy but it was just a little not enough, very beautifully deep nice well extended but just wasn't present that much, its sounded soo good though, better then any beats but i felt the beats had more quantity bass not quality but wow just wow every note was done very well but i felt that they needed more bass

so henceforth 7/10

i still feel if i change my mind and want less bass these will be my choice 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back