Bass head headphone recommendations
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

RevMad

New Head-Fier
I have a good group of midfi headphone, hd650, he4xx, t50rp, m1060 which are excellent but I would like a pair of fun to listen to brain rattling bass canons with the same high quality sound. I currently use schitt stack magni 3 and uber2 with the aune x7s on the way....

Recommendations please keep under $600 price range.

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 12
I have a good group of midfi headphone, hd650, he4xx, t50rp, m1060 which are excellent but I would like a pair of fun to listen to brain rattling bass canons with the same high quality sound. I currently use schitt stack magni 3 and uber2 with the aune x7s on the way....maybe check out a used TH-600 and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.
Recommendations please keep under $600 price range.
If you want to spend a bit less, you could look into an M100--very bassy. Otherwise, I would try to find a used TH-600 for a song. I think it could really work for you. I saw one on ebay recently for $540.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 12
Could also do TH-X00, loses a few features but keeps that bass-heavy sound.
I'm a little gun shy on the TH-X00, I haven't figured out how the different types of wood affect the sound (if at all) I've been considering the Purpleheart model or the Ebony black ones. is there enough of a difference that would support the effort of saving for one now the other later.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 12
If you want to spend a bit less, you could look into an M100--very bassy. Otherwise, I would try to find a used TH-600 for a song. I think it could really work for you. I saw one on ebay recently for $540.
nice thanks i've seen these recommended for gaming, thanks for putting them on my radar. I guess i equated them as fashion cans with the likes of (momentums, skullcandy, bose, SOL REPUBLIC). thanks again i'll give them a listen

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 12
I'm a little gun shy on the TH-X00, I haven't figured out how the different types of wood affect the sound (if at all) I've been considering the Purpleheart model or the Ebony black ones. is there enough of a difference that would support the effort of saving for one now the other later.

I used to own the Ebony, and I liked them a lot other than how fragile they are (had the finish on two pairs scuffed a bit in shipping) and the nonremovable cable. Unfortunately I haven't tried the Purpleheart, but I did go out of my way to get the Ebony for the improved sound signature because apparently there is a significant difference. They also look nicer IMO, but that's up to taste of course.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 12
People have posted frequency response curves which detail their generic differences, so don't worry about it too much. I went from the thx00 mahogany to the EMU Teak. I loved both, but the EMUs more because of removable cables. Otherwise, the sonic differences were negligible. HIGHLY recommended.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 12
People have posted frequency response curves which detail their generic differences, so don't worry about it too much. I went from the thx00 mahogany to the EMU Teak. I loved both, but the EMUs more because of removable cables. Otherwise, the sonic differences were negligible. HIGHLY recommended.
THANKS

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 12
Second that vmodas are very bassy. I found my dt770s really bassy. I hear good things about the thx00's. The more rigid the wood the more bass there will be since the wood will absorb less energy. I think ebony is the hardest of the three?

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #10 of 12
Second that vmodas are very bassy. I found my dt770s really bassy. I hear good things about the thx00's. The more rigid the wood the more bass there will be since the wood will absorb less energy. I think ebony is the hardest of the three?]

thanks again i ordered dt770, saving for thx00's

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 12
TH-X00 are *the* bass kings while not being extremely muddy. Or the Denon AH-Dxxxx line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back