Bass earphones
Apr 25, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot.

While I agree with some of your points, I don't laugh with your "lol"s and "haha"s after the slight dissing of some peoples tastes.

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #32 of 45
Here's to thinking he was looking for something in and under the 40 dollar range. I should really learn to read more carefully, you can disregard my post, I'm sorry.

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #34 of 45
The JVC Marshmallows are just about the bassiest things I've heard. I did own some DT770s, so I know.
tongue.gif

They sounded quite horrid out of the box, but about forty hours with some pink noise really opened them up. Bass was still crazy, however. For twenty bucks, they are a basshead's dream.
basshead.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE SUPER-FI 5EB(heavy slammin' bass) are the best for bass lovers.
"Superior full-range sound with extended bass from two drivers, one 13.5mm diaphragm for lows, and
one precision balanced armature for mids and highs.
Best of all, the combined armature and diaphragm driver technology delivers Hip Hop, Rap, Metal, Techno and other bass rich music with the low end output you expect - without distortion. So if you want full spectrum audio performance but also enjoy heavy, driving bass beats, plug into a super.fi 5 EB™ --- your ears will love you for".

X5.

Superfi.5EB will kick your butt good with bass.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #36 of 45
JVC Marshmallows have that much bass??? Straight outta the box (referring to tips)? Might have to go give those a listen.

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC Marshmallows have that much bass??? Straight outta the box (referring to tips)? Might have to go give those a listen.

they are the most bass heavy phone I have heard fwiw.

Hoping to get a set of dt770's pretty soon tho(for games)

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well no some people would rather have accurate sound over a fun phone because they can't stand the "innaccuracies". That statement of the ER4P/S is a perfect example. You can have a fun phone without having the details of those IEMs, but people think everything sounds like crap after those. No, it doesn't sound like crap, it's just not as analytical....i.e. not as fun a phone, as it's very discriminating.

I think there's a thin line between bloated and massive amounts. Home theatre is the best example. You can have massive amounts of bass without it being bloated. Bass is the lifeline of music. Why do you think without it it sounds anemic and unenjoyable? Take away the bass drum or bass guitar from ANY genre of music, and it sounds lifeless. You can take out the treble and mids, and you still have a nice backbone for a song with the bass or drumline, and you can still thump your feet. It's how music producers make money...and it's how DJs make a living.

goes both ways - worst thing about analytical phones is that they bring out inaccuracies in the recording, and less detail actually covers that up, which is why sf5's tend to sound better than er-4s's coming straight out of an ipod headphone out. but even with a good source, some people still prefer sf5 because they have more bass. point is fun is whatever u prefer. u seem to define fun as not analytical. which doesn't explain why i find analytical phones more fun.

i can't think of any other genre of music where u take away the midtones and trebles, crank up the bass and that somehow makes u wanna thump your feet

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #39 of 45
Oicdn covered the general definition of fun around here, when regarding sound. It's not meant to define whether or not somebody has fun enjoying that sound. I think we'd call that one personal taste, or just enjoyment.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #40 of 45
yea i've heard this a lot. not detailed is fun. i don't know where that came from but it seems pretty ambiguous term and i wish it wouldn't be used so much cuz it has nothing to do with enjoyment

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
goes both ways - worst thing about analytical phones is that they bring out inaccuracies in the recording, and less detail actually covers that up, which is why sf5's tend to sound better than er-4s's coming straight out of an ipod headphone out. but even with a good source, some people still prefer sf5 because they have more bass. point is fun is whatever u prefer. u seem to define fun as not analytical. which doesn't explain why i find analytical phones more fun.

i can't think of any other genre of music where u take away the midtones and trebles, crank up the bass and that somehow makes u wanna thump your feet

I enjoy analytical...to a point. I just think there is a happy medium, like you said it goes both ways.

Bass lines hold the music together, IMO. You may not be able to thump your feet per say, but you could atleast enjoy a bass line, rather than listening to shrill music with no bass. You can jam out to a bass line though, such as Wooten, or any song by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flea just has rediculous stamina that is admirable all it's own. Most of techno is just rediculous bass lines, with highs in the background. And there are some CD's/albums that people enjoy that are strictly bass notes (like those stupid bass CDs). I don't like that kinda music, but to each thier own. But nobody likes to thump thier feet to music without ANY bass...it's just a matter of quantity and quality to suit your preference.

I dunno to each thier own...I absolutely love bass (in company with everything else, however)...just not flabby, bloated bass.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #42 of 45
I like a COMBINATION.

I mean, I love to hear bloated bass, for a few minutes on certain songs.

But I only want to hear that overwhelming bass for maybe 10 minutes or so, for some fun.

For example: I have Superfi5Pro's and I like them a lot. About every 2 hours of listening, I'd like to transform them into Superfi5EB (extended bass) for a 10 minute hit of too much bass. But thats it, just 10 min or so, then that gets boring.

Its like an ice cream cone once every few days or something...I don't want ice cream every hour...

Is anyone else pretty happy with their IEMs, but they just wish they could turn them into a different iem for a few minutes per hour, then back to your favs?
smily_headphones1.gif

This would be my dream. Transformer IEMs!

I know, probably wishing for too much.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #43 of 45
oh yea don't get me wrong i like bass but only as much as i like mids and highs too. i like bassists, guitarists, vocalists, violinists, etc and i like hearing all of them doing their stuff

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #44 of 45
I mite give the marshmellows a try there only $20 lol. my budget was $120 or under lol. so far im interested in the v-moda's bass freq (for $50 there worth a try),marshmellows, maybe bose new ones if i push it to $150. and EP630 seem alrite. anyone actualy heard any of these in there own ears before? I want them to rattle inside my ears from the bass. The skullcandy smokin buds had some nice bass if anyones heard them. but i want alot more
smily_headphones1.gif
. and them super.fi 5's are like over $200 lol theyll probably get stolen from my ipod.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #45 of 45
The EB's have the most bass I hear, even more than the Bose. Although the Bose sound dece, there's apparently more bass in the EBs. I still need to get my hands on a pair of EBs to see how they compare to the EBs, but apparently there's a BUNCH more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back