Bass Burn In on Grados?
Feb 8, 2006 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

megawzrd

500+ Head-Fier
Well I have had my Grado SR80s for 6 days now and I probably have put about 80 hours or more of burn in on em. I usually burn in overnight with a different album/genre each night. I have pumped a decent amount of bass heavy music through em including electrinica and hip hop (of course tons of searing guitar). I tried burning em in with a few Hip Hop albums becuase I have noticed that even though they have smoothed out from the initial listen hip hop still seemed thin.

Heres the cool part:
I finally uploaded my Techmaster PEB - "Bass Computer" cd to my pod. I did a burn in with that and woah it seems to have brought out the bass a bit more in the grados
basshead.gif
. Now my hip hop albums sound pretty decent, a bit fuller...vocalist/lyricist sounds stronger.

I doubt its softening of the pads becuase I don't wear the cans during burn in. Though I am welcome to the additional bass by the sofenting of the pads I think it will take a few weeks at least. By that time I should have recieved my c-pads and the bass should be even better with those.

I am falling in love with Grados more every day. I am even contemplating selling my now jealous beyer dt 990s and picking up some sr225s. Geez, when those c-pads get here it might just be all over for my dt 990s, I will have to wait and see though...hehe.

Feb 9, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 2
If you want to increase the bass try reversing the bowls. Also if you wash the bowls a couple of times they become softer and easier to compress, thus the driver would sit closer to your ear and then boom! more base.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back