Bass Amp
Mar 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

metalbeat

New Head-Fier
So I just wanted to say I am a noob so keep that in mind :p

So I was at best buy and notice some skullcandy crushers. I already have a pair of headphones much better than these so I did not think much about it until I saw a little device connected to it called a bass amplifier. 

I really liked the extra bass it gave and was wondering if I could buy something like this for my headphones?

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 9
The Skullcandies are vibration headphones meaning that it's not actually bass, just two vibration motors that are being powered by that "bass amplifier", so something like this would be the same thing. Otherwise, I've heard that the digiZoid ZO2 can give a powerful bass boost. I, however, haven't heard one myself.

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
It is not the amp that focuses the bass, it is the frequency response of the headphones themselves.

He could use an amp to boost bass, but of course you run into distortion. It's best to have headphones that create high sound pressure for bass you can "feel", which of course, then, headphones may not be your bag. What headphones do you have OP?

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 9
You can look for portable amps that provide Bass boost, such as Fiio or Practical Device amps.

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 9
More bass on XB700
basshead.gif

I'll admit that I do sometimes EQ them to insane levels when listening to dubstep or D&B for an ear massage. I would suggest doing this if you use iTunes.

Just select pre-set "Bass Boost" EQ, bring first two bands all the way up then the preamp all the way down (so that it doesn't clip). Bringing the preamp all the way down will make it overall quieter but it's necessary.

To use with iPod:

In the drop down menu, select "Make Preset..." > name whatever you like i.e. Crazy Bass

Then highlight whatever songs you want to be EQ'd this way > right click > "Get Info" > Options tab > Equalizer Preset > Crazy Bass

Re-sync the songs you changed and there you go.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 9
Headstage Arrow has a bass boost switch which has 2 increase levels. Also if you wanted to go even higher zoot, you could wait for the forthcoming ALO Rx MKIII, which will have a bass adjustment knob.... do some searching on here for that one. As your headphone upgraditis continues, that one will offer the option to run balanced, or you can run standard single ended too. I'm highly curious to hear the ALO once it comes out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back