Basic question about the Senn HD 650s
Nov 5, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 9
The HD650 has 300 ohms for impedance, which is definitely high impedance.

Nov 5, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 9
why do you ask BTW? If you're looking at Sennheisers, the 595 is the easiest to drive. Anything else I suggest you start off with a headphone amp (I did start off with a 580 way back when, but it seems that many people think other Senns dark from an unamped source).

Nov 5, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #6 of 9
Don't even bother with the 580/600/650 series unless you have a competent amp. These Senns are not the cans to use with unamped sources; there are far better, cheaper alternatives for that.

Nov 5, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders
Don't even bother with the 580/600/650 series unless you have a competent amp. These Senns are not the cans to use with unamped sources; there are far better, cheaper alternatives for that.

Agreed. I hated these headphones on anything other than clean, fast, dynamic electronics. Now that i have that, they are superb.

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders

That's true, but keep in mind that with a 650 you can upgrade your amp in the future and never worry about whether or not the headphone is holding you back. Having a component to anchor your system to makes upgrading a lot easier. That said, the 650 sounds positively terrible unamped. If you don't have an amp (and don't plan on getting one in the future), get the 595 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back