Basic question about adjusting volume on the computer when using a DAC
Jun 6, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 20
Haha, kind of too late to reply on this thread, but I also use m903 and other DAC. I want to be able to use the Windows volume, because when I am not using foobar for HiFi, I really need to adjust the volume more conveniently (videos on YouTube have very different volume levels). I have a volume wheel on my keyboard, which I don't need to raise my hand to adjust. However, I just bought a NAD D7050 and found that it disabled the Windows volume control, setting it as 100%. I really hate this as I used to set the volume in foobar (using WASAPI) at 50%, so I can quickly jump to 100% when I played tracks like symphonies that have much lower volume level. And I also set the system volume at 50%. Now I can't do this any more and my volume wheel becomes useless :frowning2:

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 20
 Haha, kind of too late to reply on this thread, but I also use m903 and other DAC. I want to be able to use the Windows volume, because when I am not using foobar for HiFi, I really need to adjust the volume more conveniently (videos on YouTube have very different volume levels). I have a volume wheel on my keyboard, which I don't need to raise my hand to adjust. However, I just bought a NAD D7050 and found that it disabled the Windows volume control, setting it as 100%. I really hate this as I used to set the volume in foobar (using WASAPI) at 50%, so I can quickly jump to 100% when I played tracks like symphonies that have much lower volume level. And I also set the system volume at 50%. Now I can't do this any more and my volume wheel becomes useless :frowning2:

I just bought a NAD D3020 and have the same problem. 

It sounds great, but the windows volume controls and mute button built into my keyboard no longer function. The volume wheel will move the bar up and down, and the bar is labeled "Speakers (NAD USB Audio)"  but it doesn't alter the volume. 

To make matters worse, there is no mute button on the amp, and the remote it came with appears to not function at all. I can't get the remote to do anything. It's either defective or they sent me a dead battery with it.

Might have to reconsider this, which is a shame because it sounds LOADS better than my logitech computer speakers.

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 20

I just bought a NAD D3020 and have the same problem. 

It sounds great, but the windows volume controls and mute button built into my keyboard no longer function. The volume wheel will move the bar up and down, and the bar is labeled "Speakers (NAD USB Audio)"  but it doesn't alter the volume. 

To make matters worse, there is no mute button on the amp, and the remote it came with appears to not function at all. I can't get the remote to do anything. It's either defective or they sent me a dead battery with it.

Might have to reconsider this, which is a shame because it sounds LOADS better than my logitech computer speakers.

My remote doesn't work either. However, the mute button on my keyboard does work, and if I set the volume to zero it's also muted, though the volume control itself is not working.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #19 of 20
  My remote doesn't work either. However, the mute button on my keyboard does work, and if I set the volume to zero it's also muted, though the volume control itself is not working.

I'd be happy if I could just get the windows volume controls to let me mute / unmute. I use the mute button on the keyboard all the time when calls come in. Since the NAD has no mute button turning the dial down is it, and that's pretty slow.

I called NAD support and they're going to send me a replacement remote for the remote not working btw.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #20 of 20

I'd be happy if I could just get the windows volume controls to let me mute / unmute. I use the mute button on the keyboard all the time when calls come in. Since the NAD has no mute button turning the dial down is it, and that's pretty slow.

I called NAD support and they're going to send me a replacement remote for the remote not working btw.

Thanks for reminding me of contacting them! I also sent a request just now. Hope they will also give me one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back