Basic Equilizing Question
Jan 6, 2012 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NAWilson9

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a basic question and that is, would it be better to equalize any audio through the actual driver's equalizer, or would it be better to equalize through the program playing the music? Would would be the pros and cons of either situation? Thanks!

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 5
What player are you using? Foobar has a great eq. More info on your rig?

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 5
I have a HP DV6 with the beats driver. I'm currently using Media Monkey however I plan on testing out a few programs soon to see which I like best. The reason I ask is the Beats "enhancements" only increase the bass all the way in the windows audio properties. There is an equalizer built into the driver, however you can only have one preset. So I think I have two options.

1. I could keep the beats and set the one preset so that it creates a flat sound. Then, in whichever program I'm using, I can equalize with that and have multiple presets.

2. I experimented with a generic driver which retains all the functionality just without the special beats branded stuff and I can have as many presets as I want and even assign them to hot keys, making them very easy to change. Then, I would just turn off the equalizer in Media Monkey.

What would be the differences between these two options?

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 5
Good question, I'm not hip to the beats. I have used Media Monkey, it's a good
player, I like Foobar 2000 for it's simplicity.  Sorry I could not help you more.

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 5
Just curious, why do you need multiple presets? I personally always just use one that works great with whatever I do, then I know I'm using the right settings (the golden middlepath).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back