Basic entry computer audio setup.
Dec 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

moofs

100+ Head-Fier
So I have a macbook and I wanna get some external computer speakers for it, maybe a subwoofer box thing that comes with. Either way, whats a good entry level system/package?
I will be using this obviously at home and in my dorm. Nothing huge. Nothing expensive. Just better than most basic system out there or something good.
What do you suggest?
Know of any post Xmas sales?

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 7
I just bought a pair of Audioengine A2s two weeks ago and I've been tremendously pleased. As I've posted in a few places, these speakers that I got for $170 have been splitting time pretty evenly with the HD800s I got for $1200 - they're a really great value. I don't think you could go wrong with a pair of these, and if reviews to date are to be believed, you probably could turn it up a notch further by adding a Nuforce uDAC to feed them - all for $300.

1,500th post - check!

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by moofs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me edit this, SUPER CHEAP!
Under 50$.
lol, anything decent for that price.

Wrong website chap.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 7
you're looking for a 2.1 setup <$50?? i wouldn't waste my money on that....or if you really want, just get any 2.1 setup that's less than $50 - there's really not gonna be anything that stands out at that price. they're all probably gonna be pretty similar (mediocre)

really i think at that budget, just go into your local best buy, find something that you like and just get that.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong website chap.

LOL

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #7 of 7
At that price you can barely even get a 2.1 Logitech box set. Just check your local flyers for whatever boxing day sales on computer speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back