Basic bookshelf 2.0?
Oct 19, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #16 of 17
Ordered mine on the 8th. Was listed as pending for about 10 days; finally called directly to ask what was going on and politely inquire as to whether my money was paying for anything.
wink.gif
Ironically, as soon as I left a message I got a notification that I had a package waiting, and later in the day Jon Lane (Audio Insider founder) sent an email with the shipping info.

Based on the above experience, I'd guess that you don't have long to wait, and that it's already been shipped but for some reason the site tracking hasn't been updated.

Oct 19, 2005 at 9:51 AM Post #17 of 17
Glad you like the Swans! It's always a bit of a sweaty experience when somebody decides to take your advice literally with their wallet.
redface.gif

If you read around in the Audio Insider's forums, you'll see that they're understaffed and a bit swamped, so it's likely that you won't get any tracking info unless you bug them directly. I'm surprised it took that long though to ship...mines were shipped the day after I placed the order, although I did have to bug Jon to finally get any tracking info. Was also a bit peed that it was shipped by Priority Mail despite me saying specifically that I wouldn't mind paying for 2nd day delivery to Hawaii to help cool down the new toy fever, and that it was shipped to my billing address when I specified a seperate shipping address. But other than that, it wasn't too bad of a buying experience.

Well mines are coming along very nicely now...the bass sounds much tighter and deeper than out of the box, and the mids are fuller and more transparent. You can hear so much more details in the mids compared to conventional PC speakers. Highs didn't change too much really. Soundstage certainly opened up, these things just sound so huge and airy now compared to the best among PC speakers. I will say though that there are definitely times when the bass is not enough in games...certain low rumbles that I normally expect from explosions simply come out as little audible waffles from the Swans. Other than that, it's allllllllll good.
icon10.gif

One cheap tweak I would recommend is to get some tacky putty for the feet. Vibration dampening is never a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back