Base Station One
post-145462
Post #1 of 4

MusicJunkie

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading the power supply for my Cosmic from the stock wall wart that comes with it. I hesitate to get the Base Station One mainly because of price. I plan on upgrading my amp sometime in the next 9 to 12 months so I don't want to spend a lot of money on the power supply when I will only be using it for a short time.

Does anyone know of any power supply upgrade for the Cosmic besides the Base Station One?

Thanks for your input.

post-145683
Post #2 of 4

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I'm in the same postion. I tried the Base Station. I really didn't that much of an improvement. But, I also don't here a huge difference between the battery pack and the wallwart.

post-146000
Post #3 of 4

Kubernetes

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I didn't hear much of any improvement with the BS-1 (At the headroom show). I do think the battery pack sounds better than the wall-wart. Personally, I think you should spend the money on upgrading your Cosmic to the Reference package. Either that or buy new headphones. Or new music.

post-146117
Post #4 of 4

RuizWave

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have a regular cosmic and was thinking of ugrading it to the reference cosmic a couple months ago. When I talked to Todd, he said it would cost $450 to upgrade my cosmic. For that, you could just sell your used cosmic and buy a new reference cosmic.

Then I asked about the BS1, and was told that the better power supply would make a bigger difference than upgrading to the reference module. With Todd telling me that the cheaper upgrade option provided the biggest performance jump, I went for the BS1.

In a few days I'll see if I can quantify my perceived differences between using the BS1, wallwort, and batteries. Unfortunately I've caught some bug and my sinuses and airways are a bit clogged, and that kinda has a negative effect on my listening ability. So after that gets cleared up I'll let you guys know my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)