Barbeque Sauce Nerds - Assemble!
Feb 5, 2005 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Buffalo Bill

100+ Head-Fier
OK, so I'm looking for some new flavors for my collection. Right now I use Stubb's for my meats, and KC Masterpeice Original for everything else (fries, grilled cheese sandwiches, salad, and so on). I've kind of grown sick of KC... what's a better 'traditional' tasting sauce? I head Jack Daniel's makes the best, should I go with that? Also, anyone have some upscale or rare subsitute I should try instead of Stubb's?

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 36
The best I've ever had is Head & Country, straight from the heart of Oklahoma (actually on of the few things I enjoyed about the state). I could eat just about anything with that sauce on it
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 36
I make my own. Start with some ketchup, add honey, orange juice, fresh ground pepper, sea salt, ginger, lemon juice, molasses, and brown sugar - all to taste. Good stuff.

EDIT: Anyone see the 'W Ketchup' ad? Linky here. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 36
my dad was getting all these barbecue sauces from some barbecue of the month club my sister got him for his birthday. Tried a whole bunch out, some of them are pretty good, but to me its just sauce i guess : /

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
EDIT: Anyone see the 'W Ketchup' ad? Linky here. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Yeah, I can see it. For a moment I was super weirded out, and was trying to figure out what "wamerica ketchup" was, but then I realized that Google probably put it on there because of the barbeque sauce thread.

Feb 5, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #9 of 36
the best store brand in my opinoin is Bull'e eye. very tangy and tasty...
kraft is ho-hum....

Feb 5, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 36
The best BBQ sauce(s) I've ever had were at this place a little bit of a drive from where I live, called "Famous Dave's BBQ", and it's just a place that's crazy about ribs and BBQ sauce and stuff. There are like 6 different sauces to choose from, each with a different taste that is equally satisfying. Anyway, their standard sauce is really the best (probably for a reason) sauce I've ever had. Really amazing stuff, blows that KC Masterpiece stuff out of the water, no matter how much I like that stuff.

We also have this other stuff around here, it's like "bull ..." or "... bull" and they claim it has a "big bold taste". Well this stuff is about as bold as a snail in a lazy mood. Bold taste? Heck, the taste is just gross. It's so plain and boring it's terrible.

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #13 of 36
For the Philly people, go for Ron's Ribs' sauces. The hot is the hottest I've had in that city, and the mild is just plain nice, well-balanced btw. spicy and sweet and tangy. I wish they took mail order for the sauce.

damn, i'm so ready for tomorrow and some wings and Eagles!

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 36
I use plain old Open Pit original variety, mixed with Tabasco brand Chipotle Sauce, mixed about 3:1. If you like it spicey and smokey tasting, but not overly sweet, this is a nice mix.

Feb 5, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
The best BBQ sauce(s) I've ever had were at this place a little bit of a drive from where I live, called "Famous Dave's BBQ", and it's just a place that's crazy about ribs and BBQ sauce and stuff. There are like 6 different sauces to choose from, each with a different taste that is equally satisfying...

Damn, it's like Ihop but with BBQ sause! Hahaha
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back