Bank wire transfer...
Dec 10, 2007 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm selling something on another forums and the buyer wants to do a bank wire transfer.

What information do I need to send him so he can complete this transaction and how can I stay on top of it to make sure nothing goes wrong?

Thanks!

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Your name (the name the account is registered to).
The account number
The name and address of your bank office.
If he is from outside US:
Instead of account number the IBAN number (International Banking Account Number; last ten positions of which are your account number, the first positions are actually the bank's international account number)
BIC/SWIFT code: a code of numbers and letters identifying your bank for other banks with international money transfers.
Your bank office can give you your IBAN and their BIC/SWIFT code (just phone them).
It shouldn't be a problem, I've done it quite often both within EU and from EU to US.

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your name (the name the account is registered to).
The account number
The name and address of your bank office.
If he is from outside US:
Instead of account number the IBAN number (International Banking Account Number; last ten positions of which are your account number, the first positions are actually the bank's international account number)
BIC/SWIFT code: a code of numbers and letters identifying your bank for other banks with international money transfers.
Your bank office can give you your IBAN and their BIC/SWIFT code (just phone them).
It shouldn't be a problem, I've done it quite often both within EU and from EU to US.

Thanks alot!

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 5
call your bank. You might be charged $20 or more for receiving the transfer. Also, if it is a Fed funds wire as soon as it is sent there is a confirmation number--get that number to help your bank track down the incoming wire. Funds should be there instantly, but many banks only 'clear' the wires a few times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back