bang & olufsen beosound 2 or 6 impressions?
Jun 1, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #16 of 21
twg - could you please discuss in more detail about the sound of the beo 2? comparisons would be nice as well. for reference, i thought rio karma sounded best of the ones i've tried, although i use a sony now. nw-hd3 and nw-a1200.

Jun 1, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #17 of 21
Ok, I'll try to compare :)

It sounds definitely better than an iPod (photo and nano 3G).
For my ears it's comparable to a Sony NW-A818 and equal in terms of soundquality and the output power on my Bang & Olufsen A8 headphones is more than enough!
It sounds very neutral and pleasant and is not harsh to your ears.
It is some kind of "light" and relaxed listening, as the Beosound 2 doesn't get exhausted to listen to - I hope it's understandable as english is not my mother tongue :wink:

It doesn't have as much bass pressure as my old Vaio pocket (this was the best in terms of sound pressure I've ever heard; at least for my ears!).

The only realy issue I have, is the popping noise when you turn it on; it's a little bit annoying, especially regarding this price tag.

I don't know if it's only my unit or if all units suffer from this "problem".

I hope this helps a little bit.

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #19 of 21
"light and relaxed" does not mean that it sounds bad! It sounds just as it is no great work for the unit to produce that sound.
Perhaps this makes it clearer!?

Where do you live?

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #21 of 21
I used Beosound 2 for 3 years with a pair of SE535, :
very easy to use interface
there is a bit of background noise 
this is many years ago so I can't remember exactly how long the original battery life was. I had a friend of mine do a mod on the battery, which enabled it to last for something like 13 hrs if I remembered correctly
It only accepts SD cards up to 2GB, so I used to put different musician's albums in separate SD cards, which was interesting if you don't mind carrying a SD card case around. This wasn't a problem for me, since I usually spent 2 years listening to only one musician before I move on to another. But I would not find this acceptable anymore because I have been listening to some musical giants who produces more than 40 albums in their life spams (for example, Astor Piazzolla and Gary Burton). A 2GB SD card would be simply too small for even a single musician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back