Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #16 of 2,875
Glad to see other people also enjoying this headphone. Imo most head-fi goers have great disdain towards so-called "fashion headphones" b/c they think they're overpriced and gimmicky. But in this case the h6 have proven itself worthy. The sound of these has really grown on me. At first I felt that they sounded thin and bass-light, but realized they just sound really balanced. Great soundstage and detail w/ tight bass.

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #17 of 2,875
My wife bought the Beoplay H6 in green based solely on looks alone,
and I was skeptical about the sound quality because of the reason mentioned by LOSLobos.
Quote:

Imo most head-fi goers have great disdain towards so-called "fashion headphones" b/c they think they're overpriced and gimmicky.

But man, the first time I listened to these, I was simply very surprised and amazed.
I listened to them using Soundroid /  iphone 5S and Accudio with some extra bass on the EQ, so I never felt they were lacking in bass. The bass was just solid. Proud to call these my new headphones ! I mean our headphones. I mean her headphones which I borrow from time to time. 

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #18 of 2,875
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on these. I bought these when amazon.ca had a 35% off sale on these (can't resist a deal), and they are really nice. They are very natural sounding, no bass emphasis but still play deep. At first, I thought they were a little bass light for my taste (coming from my D7000s) but i keep coming back to these for their liquid mids, airy treble and overall pleasant presentation

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #19 of 2,875
  I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on these. I bought these when amazon.ca had a 35% off sale on these (can't resist a deal), and they are really nice. They are very natural sounding, no bass emphasis but still play deep. At first, I thought they were a little bass light for my taste (coming from my D7000s) but i keep coming back to these for their liquid mids, airy treble and overall pleasant presentation

Good on ya mate. I also got these from Amazon Canada when they had that sale.
gs1000.gif
Best discount headphone purchase I've made.

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 2,875
yeah, for sure, it's rare to see B&O stuff discounted 35% L0Slobos, figured I can't go wrong even if they sucked, could probably resell them for more money.

Yes, these are flawed headphones, but they keep pulling me back. I thought between the P7, Momentum, Philips X1 in the $3-400 range, it's hard to make another case for a "pretty headphone".

These are going to be great for my office use and just carrying around use. They are comfy and I like the feel of them on my head.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #21 of 2,875
Loving these. I'm surprised they're not more appreciated as to my ears their pretty darn neutral and open for a closed fashion portable headphone. Anyway do you guys know any good case that can be used with these headphones? I'm not even sure if the thing that came in the box was even a case.

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #22 of 2,875
I just picked up a pair of these, and I've been quite impressed so far.  The H6 will primarily be a home headphone for me, and as such I'd like to get a longer cable.  The phone plugs on the supplied cable have triple grooves rather than the standard two grooves for a stereo jack.  Are there high quality replacement cables available that use this type of plug?

I should I add: After some reading I think the special plug is for an additional conductor for the inline remote signal.  I wouldn't need a remote on a longer cable, however standard 1/8 stereo phone plugs don't fit as snugly in the H6 jack.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #23 of 2,875
So I figured out that these are 4-pole plugs.  I just purchased a cheap ($5) 4-pole, 3.5mm aux cable off of ebay to hopefully get me by until I can figure out a better quality option.

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #24 of 2,875
  So I figured out that these are 4-pole plugs.  I just purchased a cheap ($5) 4-pole, 3.5mm aux cable off of ebay to hopefully get me by until I can figure out a better quality option.

I wish B&O would have included a standard audio cable (not to mention a descent carrying case).  I'm probably wrong about this but I think a standard cable has better sound quality than the remote control cable.  That seemed to be the case with the KEF M500 headphones.  Let us know if the aux cable you bought off of eBay works out for you.  

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #25 of 2,875

I wish B&O would have included a standard audio cable (not to mention a descent carrying case).  I'm probably wrong about this but I think a standard cable has better sound quality than the remote control cable.  That seemed to be the case with the KEF M500 headphones.  Let us know if the aux cable you bought off of eBay works out for you.

Yes B&O skimped on the accessories.  The packaging box is nice though!  

Does the KEF M500 have a 4-pole, 3.5mm jack as well?  If so I'd be curious as to what replacement cable people are using.

The one I purchased is coming from China so it might take a while.  I'm not a good judge of sound differences between cables, but I would like quality materials (e.g., PE insulation rather than PVC) and construction.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #27 of 2,875
Any updates on replacement/extension cables for these? Surely it would super easy for B&O to make a 3m non-mic cable, even if they charged for it. For $500AU they really should come with one. You'd think it would make sense marketing-wise because it would mark them as home stereo quality headphones and not just very pretty and very expensive iphone bling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back