Bang & Olufsen A8?
Nov 14, 2002 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 26
Damn it boys, B&O is a design company. Most, if not all their electronics are made by Philips. People who will gladely pay 100 US for a 5 percent increese in sound quality must be able to understand the guy who pays the ekstra buck(s) for design.

You are all a bunch of female soccer players.

Apr 19, 2003 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 26
A8 is a earphone for classical music, it has a clarity (you have before an orchestra) and stage that is unmatched by others similar earbuds, save perhaps ety, which I do not own. I bought my A8 for $US80 in Hong Kong. It is not one used for rock or pop music.

I use Sony D-777 discman. I have in my possession the following portable phones when making the above comment: Senn MX500, Sony MDR-E484G,888, MDR-D77 and Grado SR60.

A8 is better than MDR-D77.

You might not agree with me, but at least my view is formed after comparison.

Go to B & O showroom and bring along your own discman or MD.

Apr 19, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #18 of 26
I bet Eggo Mike will never agree with you lol!

May 9, 2003 at 1:27 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Delph1us
thanks a lot.

i have the problem with B&O A8
the intermittency problem appearanced when i use ipod
when i use CD it is nothing wrong with B&o A8
so i guess maybe it caused by the resource of the music

Sep 6, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #21 of 26
Old thread I know, but the 'B & O Bashing' was beginning to get on my nerves.

The A8 isn't a bad earphone at all. It's midrange is transparent and smooth. Bass might not have the depth of some but it does have good transient speed, ie, the 'twack' of a kick drum or the pluck of a bass guitar is well defined and not bloated. It does lack the deep bass of my Sony EX71's, but the A8's don't have the EX71's splashy treble.

It is a well designed, comfortable to wear, and solidly built earphone that sounds a great deal better than the supplied in-ear phones that come with the iPod, or any MP3 jukebox/player. In fact, it is one of the most stylish earphones, if not the most stylish earphone, on the market.

Yes, you are paying a premium for the B & O style and name. But, don't many people do that when they buy clothes/cars etc? If we went for VFM every time then we would all be driving Ford's and playing our music through NAD hifi's... and wearing clothes from....

Feb 16, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #24 of 26
I'm just in the mood to ressurrect a B&O A8 thread, since I am very happy with mine.

Feb 16, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
You can do better with your money. $150 can get you a lot more.

Nice mids, but anemic bass.

Well - I spent $120 (slight discount) and after setting them right in my ear, I think they have a decent range, great clarity, and definately NOT anemic bass for buds. Plus, I needed buds that sounded good and stayed in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back