bang olufsen A8 earphones
Sep 10, 2006 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

pcharouz

100+ Head-Fier
Sep 10, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 21
They look tremendous. The sound better than any other earbud ive ever heard. But if youre asking "does the price reflect the sound quality?" the answer is no, they dont.

Getting a good fit with them is also crucial. You should have a look at this thread for some information on that.

I got them because I cannot stand IEMs. although they do offer better sound for the price.

Sep 10, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
They look tremendous. The sound better than any other earbud ive ever heard. But if youre asking "does the price reflect the sound quality?" the answer is no, they dont.

Getting a good fit with them is also crucial. You should have a look at this thread for some information on that.

I got them because I cannot stand IEMs. although they do offer better sound for the price.

The bolded confuzed me. So your saying they are good thou right?

Sep 10, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 21
Im saying that I like them, and that IMHO they are good earphones, but I'm also saying that there is better sound quality to be had for the same amount of money.

Sep 10, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 21
Sep 11, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 21
Yup, I'd concur with Duggeh there. For a earbud design it does sound rather good (fitting is crucial here) Running it from a portable player, there's absolutely no problem getting the A8s to indecently loud levels (
basshead.gif
) plus they are stylish to boot. But at this price there are alternatives that sound as good if not better, if the style quotient is not high on your list of priorities
tongue.gif

oops, btw those A8s on EBay... tons of them are OEM stuff from China that are...hmm...never mind
etysmile.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 21
I bought them about 3 years ago and couldn't wait to return them. I would use the Koss 75 any day over them and the koss only cost about 20.00.

Sep 11, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 21
There was a post recently about them, most people hated the way they sound. Also what looks so good about them? I personally find them ugly.

Sep 11, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 21
Wear them thus:

b+o-yes.jpg

And not, as worn in the movies, pictures, product literature, websites and fashion shows thus:

b+o-no.jpg

The difference is night and day, chalk and cheese, blakc and white, red vs blue, upside down and inside out, whatever cliche you pick.

Sep 11, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
In terms of SQ or looks? I think both look equally bad.

This is me we're talking about. Im hardly the authority on headphone aesthetics.
fuglyphones-lol.jpg

Sep 11, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #12 of 21
Oh my. How much did you spend on your jeklins and that sennheiser..thing?
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I found the A8 to be not bad at all, which I've tried at my cousin's house. Yes, they look stylish, though coming from a design student, they don't provide the best fit. For the price, there are many things that can beat them, however, with both design and sound, they seemed to be okay overall.

Sep 11, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #15 of 21
It takes hours of photoshop to get them to look like Ive only got a crappy webcam and its too dark in the room. You should be appriciative of the effort i goto.

The Jecklins were about £50 if i remember rightly, I paid less for the surrounder. Both of them id consider good value for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back