Bang for your buck IEM's under 50 dollars? (If possible)
Jul 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
I'm looking for some bang for your buck type IEM's. I don't have a lot of money, as I've said, and I don't wanna take a risk with purchasing like a pair of 80 + up IEM's that everybody likes, but that I myself might not. I was looking into JLabs Jbuds...Can anyone tell me about those if they have them?..Is the SQ good, and bass not over powering?...I'm NOT going to go with Skullcandy, so don't worry guys, lol
tongue.gif
. But, please, I'd like some help. I've heard a few people suggest the Harmon IEM's, and etc. But, right now I just don't have enough money, even if they're used..so..I was also looking into the Sony MDREX70's, since they were highly recommended on iLounge in reviews. Problem is, I can't find them anywhere on Amazon, or Sony.com, and I don't know if they have the standered Y shape cord, or the one side shorter then the other tyoe cord that goes around the back of your neck (FYI, I HATE that type..lol..I dunno what it is really, but -shrugs-).

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 11
marshmallows > cx300 for me. i own both and the cx300's barely see any use in comparison. the jvc's are simply more fun and more comfortable. had i know these would be that much better (imo), i never would have purchased the cx300.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 11
CX300's have too much bass for my taste in music, which is rock, country, and some metal. I've been looking at the reviews for the JBuds on Amazon, but a lot of people complained about the left earpeice not working after a few months, or etc. Are they not made of a good material, or does it depend on where you order them from?

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by acameron56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't offer much help here, but I do believe JVC marshmallows are thought to be pretty good bang for your buck...one thing to keep in mind is that they are canalphones and not IEM's.

I still think my air cushions sound alot bette rthan the marshmallows

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #7 of 11
The Denon AH-C351s aren't bad for $50. The bass isn't overpowering, although the mids are a little weak. They also have pretty low distortion for IEMs. They're comfortable, and if you're looking to use them for working out, they have a really short cord to connect to an arm-mounted media player (also comes with extension cord). If you don't use one of those arm bands, then the mandatory extension cord might be kind of annoying, though.

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #8 of 11
I have an ah-c351. they're just like explained above. i would say they sound good with country etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back