Bang for VALUE IEMS
Apr 6, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #16 of 22
re0 and hippo VB's... together they cover 2 ends of the spectrum I like
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #17 of 22
i almost got the re0 once, but they just dont have the bass im looking for. The Visang i did look at but its build does not allow deeper insertion so comfort isnt really there (hence the initial list of iems). i guess something that would be on the level of Visang or pr1 pro (who joker rates so well) and again i have heard great things abou the eterna minus the accuracy.

i do have higher end iems on the way and am considering the m9 (and now even the pr100), but this discussion is more for reference sake. and ofcourse personal preference plays a big role but not everyone gets to try many, or doesnt want to spend the time. people are usually complacent with what they use until they try something else so if one had a 50-70 budget what would be his best bet?

What Joker does well are direct comparisons and more of those are always appreciated.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only heard the S4 and the Eternas. To me, the Eternas beat out the S4s for impact and warmness while maintaining some amount of detail in the high end. The S4s have better detail at the higher end, but don't give you that "ooomf" as the Eternas do. The Eternas are also very easy to drive. I keep my volume around 20-25% and it's plenty loud.

LOL, the S4s are too easy to drive. Many around these forums complain that even near the lowest volume levels these things are too loud. They pack quite a bunch. That being said, they're a bit too warm in IMO, and sibilance never does go away.

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being said, they're a bit too warm in IMO, and sibilance never does go away.

sibilance, thanks. the reson why i let go of the she9850 was the harsh highs (heard similar about the denon 710)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best under $100 IEMs out there IMHO. I prefer them to the more expensive SE310, ER-4P and ER-4S.

what phones are you referring to?

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #21 of 22
the RE0 is what is being referred to. I absolutely agree with that..amazing value at $84

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #22 of 22
i have not heard them but i dont think the re0 are the engaging kind of iems like the ones being compared. id much rather compare them to the hje900 (since in closer price range... and i have them on the way).

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back