bang for the buck iem
Sep 12, 2009 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

elk0019

Head-Fier
i'm looking for a grado equivalent iem that's worth the bang for the buck (i'm a headbanger, thrash metal is my poison)

i know i might sound a bit too demanding but i wouldn't mind watching some movies and doing some gaming with them (as far as iem soundstage allows it...)

source will be onboard sound card, but i plan on investing on a decent sound card in the near future, probably a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty for the pc and for the portability i'll probably get a psp or ipod

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 3
Then you might want to try Grado. They have two IEMs now in production. The GR8 has been released and a review of it has just been posted in the full-sized headphones section of this forum (although it should really be in this section). It is pricey though.

I don't think the other model has been released as yet. I believe that it will be cheaper. There's also a thread about both models somewhere in this section of the forum. Just search under GR8. You could also check out the Grado website.

There's sure to be a lot of interest in both of these new offerings from Grado here. Hopefully some more reviews will start trickling in soon.

EDIT: My apologies for misunderstanding your post. I now understand that you're actually after an IEM that's great value for money like the Grado SR60, not an IEM that sounds like a Grado. This is so embarrassing.

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 3
lol no problem there was some usefull information in your post

anyway if it weren't grado brand? what would be the best bang for the buck for thrash??

i was looking at the westones um1/2/3 but i really don't know their sound signatures...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back