Bang and Olufsen headphones, honest opinions
Sep 2, 2003 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BlindTiger

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm seeing a lot these headphones for sale by hipsters.
Usually in the $125 range.
What's the deal with them? Are they as good as Grado's.
I'm still fighting with my Bro on his purchase of a BeoCenter. I told him it was crap and of course we are not speaking.
He still is trying to unload that POS. No buyers at the crazy price he's asking for.
I say stay with the basics. for a turntable a Linn, amps a Krell etc.
None of this new digital amp stuff.

Sep 2, 2003 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 7
Do a search for both the full name and "B&O" -- you'll find that apart from a very small number of fans, most Head-Fi'ers consider B&O to be of very poor value from a sound standpoint. They look nice, but you can get much better sounding headphones for much less money.

Sep 2, 2003 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Designwise... I got a detailed look at an A8 because I was queuing for ages and the guy in front of me was wearing them. Granted, there's a limited amount you can do with conventional earphones but I can't say I'm that impressed.

Sep 2, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you, gentlemen
I was just looking for affirmation.
My brother had this huge all in one system. He tried to sell each component separately. Turntable, amp, cassette etc. How the turntable operates by magnets etc etc.
Don't know if any of it sold but he kept the cabinet it came in.
That's too big to ship. It just looks like a center off of an Ikea catalog, no big whoop.
That being said, how much should one pay for a used one. I say $40 tops. $125 is overboard. You should've heard this guy cry when he lost his B and O's in a cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back