Bands you wish you were smart enough to go and see live
Jul 29, 2007 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

NacMacFeegle

500+ Head-Fier
I was just going through You-Tubes' Cocteau Twins stuff and I realized I would probably give my left n#t to have seen them live..
blink.gif
Add in the right one if it was back in 1983, and throw in the whole package if they played 'Song to the Siren'.
Mind you, I've seen tons of bands but every now and then I listen to something and just wish I could've seen them live...The Durutti Column is another one. Not that he's dead or anything, it's just that the chances of him coming here are slim to none...and I could've gone to lots of his shows back in my youth.
frown.gif

Anyone one else feel that way about their favorite bands?

Add Dead Can Dance to my list..

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 48
A couple bands that I had several chances to see but didn't for some reason and now wish I did:

Jawbreaker
Sunny Day Real Estate

I *wish* I had seen Husker Du or Cocteau Twins or Galaxie 500 or fIREHOSE, but I really didn't have any good chances to see them anyway..

-jar

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 48
I missed seeing the band Exhorder by one day, mistaking the day of the actual show. One of the heaviest thrash bands ever to play, and I missed it..............

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 48
I wish I'd been 10 minutes earlier to get in line for tickets to the last Pumpkins show, other than that I just wish I was old enough to have seen Husker Du and The Pixies in their prime.

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 48
Stevie Ray Vaughn, a year before he died. I had the chance but thought I'll just see him some other time in the future when I wasn't so busy. Oops. I'm still mad at myself for that missed opportunity. One of my friends went and was blown away.

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 48
I wish I was smart enough to build a time machine so I could visit all the concerts of Pink Floyd. The films of those concerts are so wowy and the music is so awesome! Maybe my parents are the ones to be blamed; they should have made me earlier lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back