Bands, People, or both?
Jul 3, 2003 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
I just tried to post in Screwdriver's 3 Best Bands thread and realized I don't have many favorite bands that I am always watching. Yeah, I've got plenty in my collection, but I've got more people and one-time group projects in my collection than consistant bands.

So, do you go more for the "band" or the "person"? Sort of Phil Collins or Peter Gabrial vs. Genesis. Or are you a group kind of person? You know, where several folks that made it big by themselves knock out another good one as a group on a one-time project?

What do y'all think?

Jul 4, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Yeah, I hear you Redneck, I was thinking the same thing as I posted to the top three, and I ended up posting three individuals, even though I have a number of favorite bands.

Jul 4, 2003 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 4
I always discover the band first, then if one or two members really impress me I try to find other stuff they worked on. that said, I really dig projects.

Jul 5, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 4
I voted people, even though I'm more of a "band" person. I voted this way, because this is how I usually discover new music -- I follow certain artists, producers, etc. to see what else they have done, and with what different people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back