Band of Brothers
Dec 22, 2006 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
Just got finished watching all of Band of Brothers, and wow, it was excellent. What did everyone else think of it? did you like it? Honestly it's probably the best war film/mini-series I've ever watched.

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 36
Loved it. If you are in to the space program at all check out "From the Earth to the Moon". It's in 12 one hour sections. Produced by Tommy Hanks and it is unbelievably good.

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 36
IMHO Band of Brothers is one of the best TV-shows ever
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO Band of Brothers is one of the best TV-shows ever
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Maybe THE best. Hard to decide which one is better, OZ or BoB.

Dec 22, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 36
Own the boxed set as well and will probably be the first dvd I watch when I get my new Sony.

Dec 22, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 36
My father-in-law gave me the book as a gift. I loved it and was thrilled to find out that the movie rights were picked up (HBO/Spielberg/Hanks, I think). The moment that it was announced, I waited and waited for its production to finish, and it didn't disappoint. It is, by far, my favorite war movie.

Dec 22, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 36
HBO has had a lot of great ones last few years...BoB was great, Rome was great (looking forward to S2 coming up), and all three seasons of Deadwood were pretty good. First time I watched BoB on standard def TV with no theater system, but when the DVD's came out and I got to watch it upscaled on a high def TV on on a decent DTS system it was really WOW. One part that really sticks out was when the company was being shelled in the forest with all the trees splitting apart.

so yeah, def A+ series
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 36
I watched Band of Brothers before Saving Private Ryan... when I finally got around to seeing SPR, I was dissapointed... it just wasn't as good. Band of Brothers is without a doubt one of my favorite creations in any media.

Dec 22, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe THE best. Hard to decide which one is better, OZ or BoB.

I agree BoB is probably one of the best shows i've ever seen, but for me The Sopranos is the best show ever.

Dec 22, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #13 of 36
I was lucky enough to get to see Dr. Ambrose speak several times. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take The History of WWII while he was still teaching at UNO (I was about a year too late). His hand picked replacement, Dr. Douglas Brinkley, had taken over. I had Dr. Brinkley for Cold War History. Brinkley was amazing. He personally knew ever living cold war political character you can name. He even had Hunter Thompson come and speak (had Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas signed
biggrin.gif
).

The few times I saw Dr. Ambrose speak, I left felling like I was watching an incarnation of Dwight D. Eisenhower. If a beach had been nearby I would've stormed it.

Band of Brothers is truly amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back