Baldoor E100 - What am I doing wrong?
Jul 2, 2015 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hoobyjuice

New Head-Fier
Hi,

So I bought the Baldoor E100 earphones (Mrice branding actually) cos of the raves on here.

The highs are lovely and clear and crisp.  But there's hardly any bass :frowning2:

The reviews report really strong bass.  What am I doing wrong? I've tried them "sideways", no help.

(For reference, I also bought the Xiami Piston 3 earphones, and they have nice moderate bass to me).

Did I get sent 'fake' ones?  I got them off AliExpress from a seller with a good rating

Cheers,
Chris

Jul 2, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 13
I have the E100. If your ear canal isn't wide enough to get them down in there, you'll never hear the bass everyone raves about. Unfortunately given the fact that these are earbuds rather than IEMs, you don't have many options I remedy the situation...

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 13
Perhaps something like this?

http://www.frontrowelectronics.com/bose-original-style-in-ear-tips-large-2.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShoping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bose&gclid=CjwKEAjw5disBRCA5r7OjsK_-UgSJAC27JPg7-lbnl53-i8SFzgyH_VgTSqtUjrje0d5lYqKPloXhBoClYLw_wcB

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #9 of 13
Thanks. Though $150 is a bit steep for $20 earbuds
wink.gif

You can DIY them using ear plug putty.

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #11 of 13
Are you getting a good seal with the IEM in your ear? If not, that could easily be your problem. Try different tips
smily_headphones1.gif

These are earbuds in the traditional sense, only thing you can swap is the foam covering.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
 I too bought these to check out the hype, I find them worth all of the $13 I paid for them.  NOT ONE PENNY MORE.  The hype on these things is off the charts. Given that they can't really "seal" their experience seems to vary widely from person to person.  In the end the structure of your outer ear is going to play a huge role.  If I hold these in perfect position with my hands I get that "awesome bass" everyone is talking about.  Left to their own devices its just above average for an earbud.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #12 of 13
I made the mistake of buying the 'small' versions of these adapters because I thought small was a reference to my ear size.  It's actually a reference to the size of the ear bud.  Needless to say I actually needed a 'large' which I haven't bought because I'm not sure I want to spend more money experimenting.  If anyone has tried the large adapters, I would be interested to know if they work.  Cheers!

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 13
  I made the mistake of buying the 'small' versions of these adapters because I thought small was a reference to my ear size.  It's actually a reference to the size of the ear bud.  Needless to say I actually needed a 'large' which I haven't bought because I'm not sure I want to spend more money experimenting.  If anyone has tried the large adapters, I would be interested to know if they work.  Cheers!

The size refers to the size of the earbud with respect to the opening of the ear canal, like your earlobes can make you look like a rat but the ear canals can be tiny, so you need an earbud that can go deep enough into you ear while filling up the canal entirely so it stays in place and blocks noise. Note that in some cases one ear might have a slightly different size than the other.

The other size you need to account for when using eartips other than those from the same manufacturer - and this isn't really indicated anywhere, aside from Comply's compatibility list - is the diameter of the bore. Some IEMs use a wider bore so you need to use tweezers like forceps to stretch them over, but beware since in some cases the end of the tip can still close over the hole. In other cases you might end up using an eartip with a bore larger than the IEM's,and these will keep falling out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back