Balanced TPA6120 amp - photos & thoughts...
Nov 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #78 of 95
Have anybody else received their kit/board?
smily_headphones1.gif
I am just waiting for the last parts for mine but I have one question: How should the headphones actually be connected to the amp since the outputs are labelled +/- and not L/R?

/U.

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #79 of 95
Gah! You just reminded me. HiGHFLYiN9 also asked me the same question via PM and I totally forgot to reply! My public apologies, HiGHFLYiN9!

Anyway, the TRS outputs are configured so that both outputs can be used as standalone single-ended outputs, in other words, regular headphones can be plugged directly to both outputs. The + will provide non-inverted outputs and - will provide inverted outputs. So...

The TRS on the + output are L+/R+/G in that order, and TRS on the - output are L-/R-/G in that order.

So if you have a 4-pin XLR headphone you need to wire pins 1~4 in this order: L+/L-/R+/R- (so alternating wires from + and - outputs). And similarly for a dual 3-pin XLR configuration.

Hope this helps!

beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #86 of 95
The BUF634U seems to be hard to source and is out of stock at both Mouser and Digikey… the only missing part on my amp.

Btw, anyone finished the build yet (other than Doo)? What is your impression of this little balanced amp?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #87 of 95
Try Newark Part Number: 27C6567

The original BOM also listed LMH6321MR as an alternate but there is a via located under the part that could be problem if it comes in contact with the exposed thermal pad.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #90 of 95
By the looks of it, very few pcb's where produced and any questions to weather or not any more boards would be produced after the inital run was as resounding NO. So unless you got in there in the first instance - no, personnally I have given up the ghost on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back