Balanced TPA6120 amp - photos & thoughts...
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #46 of 95
Maybe if the OP is unable to supply pcbs he would be good enough to supply layouts and schematics and let us do with as we please, there seems to be a small but interested few that wouldnt mind building this amp. Otherwise this has to be the longest tease ever!
smily_headphones1.gif
Heres hoping..
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #48 of 95
I for one would be interrested if there is a groupbuy developed for the pcb and parts...

Regards,
---
David

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #51 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the headphone amp circuit looks quite similar to this;
Mini DACPre

It's nothing like that, aside from using the same chip. That is single ended output, not balanced. The whole design is just application of datasheet circuits anyway. Nicely done, but nothing new in it.

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #53 of 95
Don't know if it's worth the effort... doobooloo doesn't answer PMs. Don't know what's wrong with him. If he doesn't want to make his schematics and other info public he could write it here, at least.

regards,
bearmann

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #55 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know if it's worth the effort... doobooloo doesn't answer PMs. Don't know what's wrong with him. If he doesn't want to make his schematics and other info public he could write it here, at least.

regards,
bearmann

Yeah, what's up with that? Perhaps his inbox got flooded with too many requests and now he's hiding from the mob
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #56 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziplock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, what's up with that? Perhaps his inbox got flooded with too many requests and now he's hiding from the mob
bigsmile_face.gif

You'd think if he had time to post the pictures he'd be able to post up the schematics too
ph34r.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #58 of 95
Before I go on, I'd like to say that I'm really sorry for dropping the ball with this project. My work has been very busy and honestly I have not had much time to enjoy headphones as much as I used to... but I'm slowly coming back.

Anyway, now that I've done my apologies, here's why I'm back on this thread.

I've got a number of spare boards and related parts, and the Pad2Pad file that I used to order the boards (no schematic, however; I worked directly on Pad2Pad without one), a BOM Excel file, and FrontPanel Express files that would work as a template for the front and rear panels. I believe I've got a few spare unused Lansing cases that this amp board was designed for as well that I'll throw into the mix.

If there's a qualified volunteer who would like to pick up this project, I'll hand all of this over for FREE (heck I'll pay the shipping too). If you want to take over, ideally you need to be a trusted, well-established member of Head-Fi with decent eletronics/DIY experience and experience in some sort of a Head-Fi organized event (helped put together a group-buy or a meet, etc.). Once you have the stuff in hand, you can either elect to distribute them for free as I did, or sell the boards under the condition that the proceeds go to a Head-Fi donation.

Any takers? Let me know by PM or email, preference goes to those who have already contacted me in the past. Please cite any references if needed. I'll try to make the decision by the end of the weekend and post the "winner" here.

Thanks - I hope this gets this project going again (and perhaps I'll be on the other side of it soon).

beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #60 of 95
Snazzy!

There's no way I can pick up another build project now, but I think someone should build one of these with a Switchcraft TY4F four-pin mini-XLR connector. Much more elegant than two 1/4" jacks. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back