Balanced TPA6120 amp - photos & thoughts...
Mar 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #31 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All,

Sorry I've been so busy with work and not getting any sleep, I haven't been able to reply to all the PMs and interests here on this thread.

I do have a BOM for this and a bunch of spare parts and extra boards as well.

I'll try to post the BOM at least on this thread over the weekend, and officially post all the boards and parts for sale as well.

Sorry for the delay and just not being there. Hope you all understand!

100% understand, I know about not getting any sleep! (9 month old!!) I will have a pcb off you when they are for sale!!

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #33 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking of different ways to power this, and I'm currently leaning towards a battery pack with built-in charger. 2x9v would work, but who doesn't want more power? Anyone with any ideas?

With a 50 mA quiescent current draw, you wont get much playing time. I think you should go for AAA's. 10 of them doesn't take much more space than two 9V's. To have some margins I guess you should be looking at 12. You could build a nice power pack in a mint tin with 12 AAA's, an LM317T as trickle charger and a DC-jack.

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #34 of 95
Yeah, I was thinking the 9v batteries would be drained very quickly. I've seen some people use a couple 3.6v cells in series in addition to a voltage booster for some things. AAA's is a good idea, but I'm trying to decide how big a pack I can live with. 12 AAA's shouldn't be a big deal, but with most rechargeables coming in around 1.2v I think I'd want more than 12.

-edit- I've also considered using a small transformer I've seen people use for things like guitar pedals with tubes. They'll take 12V in from a DC adapter and use a transformer to jump it up to 120V or 210V.

-edit2- maybe use some of these guys or lipo's.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #36 of 95
Boing! I am still interested in one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #41 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to put one of these together.

Thanks for your time.

Your not the only one, unfortunately the creator seems to have gone silent! best just waiting and see if something happens..

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back