Balanced Sennheiser cable from Rudistor; BX-53 anyone try it?
Jan 13, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I have it.
SQ is excellent, on par with the Equinox (single ended) I've had.
Microphonics are a negligible.
A lot more flexible than for instance Black Dragon cable.
The only thing is that it sort of rolls up / curls and gets entangled in my other headphone cables.
mad.gif

All in all I'm very satisfied with it.
orphsmile.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have it.
SQ is excellent, on par with the Equinox (single ended) I've had.
Microphonics are a negligible.
A lot more flexible than for instance Black Dragon cable.
The only thing is that it sort of rolls up / curls and gets entangled in my other headphone cables.
mad.gif

All in all I'm very satisfied with it.
orphsmile.gif

How does it compares with the Black Dragon? I'm considering a Black Dragon myself (probably balanced) since I liked the improvement of the Blue Dragon over the stock cable.

Since I live in Europe the BX-53 could be an alternative if it was on pair with the Black Dragon.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by smartins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it compares with the Black Dragon? I'm considering a Black Dragon myself (probably balanced) since I liked the improvement of the Blue Dragon over the stock cable.

Since I live in Europe the BX-53 could be an alternative if it was on pair with the Black Dragon.

I love what the Black Dragon cable does to my K701. I think it is soundwise excellent (I prefer copper over silver any way). I haven't heard BD on my Senns, so I cannot compare that, but I don't think they are very different. BD is very smooth though, but that are very minute details.
Only thing is that BD is very stiff and VERY microphonic. If you rub anything against it, you will hear it loud and clear. It doesn't bother me, because I don't move a lot while listening, but it may be a consideration for you.
Again: sound is excellent (I am myself at this very moment negotiating some BD recabling of other phones with Drew).
My experience is also that there are a lot less obvious differences in sq between different cables when used balanced. Maybe it is worth it to take a look at the new balanced HD650 replacement cable from Headroom.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 6
sorry to bump such an old thread but I'm considering these cables (for NX-33 perhaps) and very few information on them is available.

Kees, are you still confident on comparing these to the 400$ Equinox? Do these offer a real upgrade to a stock cable re-terminated?

and by the way, are your cables the same as the one being sold today? Phono Stage,Phono Pre,audio cables, hiend cables, hi-end cables A

Has anyone else bought these?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back