Balanced RS1s: worth it?
Jun 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

orkney

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm debating having a pair balanced (stock cable) and am interested in hearing from members who've gone this route. My (sorry) limited understanding of the advantages of balanced operation seems to suggest that lower-impedance HPs benefit less from balanced drive than do higher -- does that mean that the RS1s stand to be only minimally improved or are there real benefits in your exp?

thanks for your input and best,

o

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 5
This post might be worth a read from the thread "best headphones to go balanced".

....RS-1s gain amazing bass control and speed and the soundstage flowers, where one never existed before. Imaging sharpens, and overall PRAT just increases like they're on roids. There is no doubt in my mind that all headphones improve from balanced drive but for some you have to listen a lot harder for minor improvements than others. This was the case for the GS-1000s. I hesitate to use the term night and day difference, but contrasts between a balanced RS-1 and a SE RS-1 are much greater than those between GS-1000 and a balanced GS-1000.....

...The RS-1s are right up there as well. The RS-1s really are a different animal... when balanced they actually have some soundstage and are nice and controled in the bass.....

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 5
i don't even know what being "balanced" means
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This post might be worth a read from the thread "best headphones to go balanced".

That's very helpful -- many thanks. Looks like it might be worth a shot, then.

best,

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back