Balanced output NOS DAC
Feb 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Oublie

100+ Head-Fier
I was told by a dealer recently that you can't get a nos dac with balanced output. Is this true or not?

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 8
I suspected he may have been talking out of his A@$3 thanks. He did have some phenominal gear so ill be bringing my kit over to demo some dacs. He's going to arrange it for the same day as his UK STAX rep is visiting so we can have a mini headfi meet.

Another question with a bit of an assumption. With cd players and dacs we have oversampling and upsampling i.e. the reanalysis of data on the disc in order to make sure its read properly and then upsampling where the rate is changed from 44.1 up to whatever. Now considering my primary source is my computer using flac encoded from cd can i assume that because of this there is no benefit to resampling / rereading of data as the computer is configure for bit perfect playback at 44.1khz? Or am i missing something about this process that doesn't actually affect me or does more than i think?

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is one...

That Audio Zone is an excellent buy. I almost picked it up myself. In the end, I opted to have Nicholas Chua at Promitheus build me a balanced one.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Audio Zone is an excellent buy. I almost picked it up myself. In the end, I opted to have Nicholas Chua at Promitheus build me a balanced one.

The AudioZone is great and it fits neatly on top of my Stax amp. Win, win...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back