Balanced (or not) headphone amps with multiple inputs?
Sep 5, 2019 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mackat

Has made 3,500 posts, so he says anyway.
Hi,

I have the original Mjolnir, which has one set of XLRs (which I use with the Gungnir) and one set of RCAs. I would like to connect a turntable to the RCAs, but the problem is that the inputs are summed, not switched like the Mjolnir 2. The manual says to only use one set of input jacks at a time because of this. I am wondering what other headphone amps that have at least 2 switchable inputs are out there. I would prefer balanced, but any suggestions would be appreciated. I have done some research on this, but I haven’t found much.

Thank you!
Ben

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi,

I have the original Mjolnir, which has one set of XLRs (which I use with the Gungnir) and one set of RCAs. I would like to connect a turntable to the RCAs, but the problem is that the inputs are summed, not switched like the Mjolnir 2. The manual says to only use one set of input jacks at a time because of this. I am wondering what other headphone amps that have at least 2 switchable inputs are out there. I would prefer balanced, but any suggestions would be appreciated. I have done some research on this, but I haven’t found much.

Thank you!
Ben
My Audio GD Master 9 has 5 switchable inputs with two balanced.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

Thank you!
Ben
Completely different price range (from mj, mj2) but Benchmark HPA4 has 4 switchable inputs, 2 SE & 2 Balanced.

Or, get a pre-amp (as I did). Freya S & Freya+ both have 5 inputs, 3 SE, 2 balanced. Moreover, since the release of the 2 new Freyas there have been some very good deals out there on used OG Freyas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back