Balanced M3 Pure DIY
Aug 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #31 of 33

Quote:
Even amb gave his blessing, but he said, he will now post it as an official substitute, because it is only capable of handling a maximum of 40V and it would get the general usability away from the PSU.

I did not give it any "blessing", and the above should say "he will not post it as an official substitute".
My full response was as follows:

Quote (amb):
Quote (lampee):
That LM334 stuff seems really good. Lot of distributors supply them, and if amb gave his blessing, then it would increase the popularity IMHO. The bottleneck of the sigma11/22 project were those parts

I'm glad it works well for you. However due to LM334's voltage rating limitation, you can't use them for all possible σ11 and σ22 output voltages. PCB-mounting of the LM334 to the σ11 and σ22 is not straightforward, requiring a hack, so I refrain from listing it as an "official" substitute. At any rate, for those who have trouble obtaining the recommended CRDs, I usually have a small supply on hand, so builders could always get them from me, along with the PCB and other parts. All they have to do is ask. There is no "bottleneck".

http://www.amb.org/forum/sigma11-and-sigma22-regulated-power-supplies-f19/replacement-for-1n5307-t262-10.html#p3847

Aug 11, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #33 of 33
Because if I want to buy larger quantities I have to buy from an eBay supplier, becuase in europe, those diodes are not available, or very highly priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back