Balanced IEM's for rock music
Dec 20, 2014 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

abbax

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, I'm searching for a new pair of IEM.
I use to listen rock music and the source would be a Fiio X1. I would prefer neutral iem with a bunget of more or less 150$
after some researches I've selected some models:
- philips fidelio s2bk
HiFiMan RE-400
Shure SE 425 
- Westone W10
- grado iGi

Important: I would like that the package includes more than one set of eartips to find (I hope) the best fitting one.
Obviously models that are not in this list are welcome.
Tnx in advance 
beerchug.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey, you should also consider Rockit R50

Best Luck!

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 6
I would add the Etymotic hf-5 to the list - I use it with classic rock and enjoy it very much. It doesn't boom the bass - but IMHO the bass is more textured and accurate, and the vocals are better than the typical V-shaped headphone that is popular with the hip-hop & EDM fans.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 6
I would add the Etymotic hf-5 to the list - I use it with classic rock and enjoy it very much. It doesn't boom the bass - but IMHO the bass is more textured and accurate, and the vocals are better than the typical V-shaped headphone that is popular with the hip-hop & EDM fans.

and are they confortable?

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 6
I think the Etymotic HF5 is a very good choice. I don't know about the Philips S2 but the HF5 is definitely one of the best at its price range. And yes, it's very good for rock (Tool sounds like heaven with these). The stock tips are pretty comfortable but you can try Shure Olives tips in case the stock tips don't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back