Balanced GS1000 versus RS1?
Sep 13, 2008 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

PATB

1000+ Head-Fier
I mainly use balanced HD650s. So I was thinking of selling my last other headphone, which is a balanced RS1 I traded for my K1000 many moons ago. I did not even like RS1s at that time, but I simply cannot use the K1000 as it does not fit my head.

Anyways, so I listened to the RS1 to make sure it still works before selling. Two months later and the RS1 is still plugged into my amp! I am no master in describing sound but all I can say is that the RS1 really sounds fantastic with 90% of my library -- folk and acoustic. The strings really resonate. Whether it sounds realistic or not, I don't care. All I know is I can't stop listening to it. Why didn't I discover this before, I have no idea. There was a time when I preferred the RS2 so much more than the RS1. I even exclusively used flats with Grados. Now, I prefer the RS1 with bowls. Good thing I didn't just box up the RS1 and sell it here. I guess my taste changed over time.

Now to my question, has anyone compared a balanced GS1000 to the RS1? Since I have not bought audio gear in two years, I haven't been sorry about my wallet lately.

My rig is Meridian G08=>Cardas Golden Reference=>SDS-XLR.

Many thanks in advance for any information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back