Balanced DAC that sounds like chord mojo without the battery?
Jan 25, 2023 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Brando

500+ Head-Fier
I remember liking the sound of the mojo in 3v mode going into a THX AAA 789 amp. Was thinking about trying something similar with my topping D90D to see how it sounds but I got tired of that buzzing sound the mojo makes when it's plugged in charge mode and also tired of running out of batteries at inconvenient moments. Is there a dac out there with a similar sound signature with balanced output that doesn't cost as much as a car? Thanks 🙏

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 4
My favorite is the Topping E50, I've bought and sold dozens and it always stands out when I get one. Maybe it's the filters on the 9068a since I don't use MQA (which it supports if you like it). $200 on Amazon usually, but you need 1/4" RCA to XLR cables for it. I use these and they sound great and bendy so they stack well. I'm listening to a Topping D10b right now and it's great as long as you don't need a power switch (it auto turns on and off with your USB source). The SMSL M300 is also really fun since it has filters and colors to customize the sound a little.

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I remember liking the sound of the mojo in 3v mode going into a THX AAA 789 amp. Was thinking about trying something similar with my topping D90D to see how it sounds but I got tired of that buzzing sound the mojo makes when it's plugged in charge mode and also tired of running out of batteries at inconvenient moments. Is there a dac out there with a similar sound signature with balanced output that doesn't cost as much as a car? Thanks 🙏
You might look at some of the Audio GD R2R Dac’s haven’t all the new ones but they do have that bit warmer sound to them as the Mojo.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Hopefully not too dumb of a question but would it be possible to use a chord qutest with an rca to xlr adapter to my switch which then goes xlr>xlr to my preamp and headphone amp? Just curious if anything is lost along the way. The qutest would be the easy answer if it was balanced out but maybe it doesn't matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back