Balanced cable needed in the EU
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

HeadFierUsername2022

Previously known as blckmag
Hello,

I need to buy a longer cable for the Headphones I have. The headphones sport mini XLR Connectors, and I want it to be at least 4m long and a balanced 4 Pin XLR.
I found Skyaudiocables offer decent prices, when compared for example with Audioverse. But my question is, will the quality be the same?

The cables have to be silver ones, and balanced XLR.

Thanks in advance

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 23
There's also Forza Audioworks in Poland and OIDIO Sound in the UK. The latter offer very high flexibility in how you can have your cable made.

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 23
There's also Forza Audioworks in Poland and OIDIO Sound in the UK. The latter offer very high flexibility in how you can have your cable made.
Hi, thank you for those names.

Both the ones I mentioned offer also flexibility, Skyaudiocables also offer you the option to dictate the colors. My question would be (it might sound childish) , but will they be as good as Audioverse? Cause the Audioverse is 4x more expensive, but I don't know if it offer something more.

So question: what should I look in a cable, to determine if it's worth the price? Golden plated connectors, OK. But the Wire? Why the huge differences in prices (I selected Silver option from both companies and the difference is monumental) .

Thanks in advance and all the best!

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 23
I'm also looking for cables here in Europe, but I'm at the point where I think I'll just give up, and order from the US. It is going to be expensive with the import tax and all, but the selection inside Eu is just too small IMO. SkyAudio looks good, but sine UK is not in the EU, I'll have to pay taxes on these as well.
I really like what Hart Audio and Audiophone Ninja is making, so I'll most likely end up with a solution from one of them. Looks great and prices are good.

Regarding the sound between cable, that's a discussion I won't go into, as it's like opening Pandora's box :D I'm mainly looking for cables for the sake of the correct connector, build quality and the looks.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 23
I'm also looking for cables here in Europe, but I'm at the point where I think I'll just give up, and order from the US. It is going to be expensive with the import tax and all, but the selection inside Eu is just too small IMO. SkyAudio looks good, but sine UK is not in the EU, I'll have to pay taxes on these as well.
I really like what Hart Audio and Audiophone Ninja is making, so I'll most likely end up with a solution from one of them. Looks great and prices are good.

Regarding the sound between cable, that's a discussion I won't go into, as it's like opening Pandora's box :D I'm mainly looking for cables for the sake of the correct connector, build quality and the looks.

Hello,

as I said, Audioverse offer a lot, with lots of customized terminals, materials, ect. , but the prices are beyond ridiculous imo (I know, there are even 6k cables or more) .

I' ll just ask the manufacturerer of the headphones if they can make a custom XLR Bal one. Who knows, maybe it works ?

Thanks

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 23
You should look into Forza Audio Works. They are based in Poland. I own four of their Noir Hybrid headphone cables: 2 TRS, 2 XLR amplifier termination sets. Build quality and sound quality are excellent!!
BE476CFF-3D31-4A4C-A957-E6E6911A3C2B.jpeg

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 23
You should look into Forza Audio Works. They are based in Poland. I own four of their Noir Hybrid headphone cables: 2 TRS, 2 XLR amplifier termination sets. Build quality and sound quality are excellent!!BE476CFF-3D31-4A4C-A957-E6E6911A3C2B.jpeg
Thanks a lot for the feedback, great to know that someone with firsthand experience likes the cable 👍
However, $250usd is not the price range I'm looking in, I'm not at that stage of my Head-Fi journey yet :wink:

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 23
Thanks a lot for the feedback, great to know that someone with firsthand experience likes the cable 👍
However, $250usd is not the price range I'm looking in, I'm not at that stage of my Head-Fi journey yet :wink:
There are other ‘models’ in the FAW line …

Oct 8, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 23
There are other ‘models’ in the FAW line …
Indeed, but these ends up costing the same or more than similar from Hart Audio, even if I have to pay customs on the Hart Audio cables. And I do like the customizability a lot :)

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #12 of 23
Hello,

as I said, Audioverse offer a lot, with lots of customized terminals, materials, ect. , but the prices are beyond ridiculous imo (I know, there are even 6k cables or more) .

I' ll just ask the manufacturerer of the headphones if they can make a custom XLR Bal one. Who knows, maybe it works ?

Thanks
And I did, and it's 750 €. Am I missing something? Hyperinflation got paired 1:1 with salary growth for everyone , except me, or what am I missing?

Jesus, gonna go and cut an old phone's chord and make a cable from that. That way when I jump back to the headphone's standard cable I have, it will feel divine...

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #13 of 23
And I did, and it's 750 €. Am I missing something? Hyperinflation got paired 1:1 with salary growth for everyone , except me, or what am I missing?

Jesus, gonna go and cut an old phone's chord and make a cable from that. That way when I jump back to the headphone's standard cable I have, it will feel divine...
Ouch 😳
What brand is your headphone?
Have your considered buying from the US, from Hart for example, and just pay the import tax? I really think that might be the cheapest way for me to get the customization I want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back